And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

2 hours ago, dsavitsk said:

Spent two hours with my arm elbow deep in a 100 year old drain clean-out trying to dislodge a clog only to discover that the drain stopper had been engaged. :palm:

At least you didn't break anything.  I attempted to do a toilet tank repaired for my sister but ending up destroying it instead.  Time to buy her a new one. :cry: 

• Like 2

So about a month ago another kitty found sucker Steve. It's mixed coloration is weird, but cute. It's Black and Orange, in the funniest Jackson Pollock way. It looked very much in need of food and a friend. It took about two weeks before I could pet her, but once I did she decided it was the greatest thing in the world. She almost wants to be loved on more than she wants food. Also about two weeks ago, her boyfriend ( a Black cat) started showing up, and I noticed that kitty looked pregnant. Blackie is now a fixture here as well, and I've been worrying about the safety of the future kittens. I thought I had enough time to find her a new home before the birth, but this morning I realized that I had horribly miscalculated. It seems as though she was not pregnant, but lactating. She must have had the little kitties about the time she met me.

I didn't pick up on it at all, but for about a week she's really been sizing up Susie. She kept getting closer and closer, then actually rubbing noses. At this point she's completely content with Susie's presence. And now it all makes sense. 

This morning, at feeding time, she introduced Susie and I to her family. I counted 4, but they are shy and there could be more. They look to be about a month old. I'm pretty sure she's moving them in, so Susie and I went to buy sardines this morning. No actual contact yet, but it won't be far off. They are so damned cute!

Pics when I can get 'em.

• Like 14