And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

About as far away from that as can be. Not really for me to expand on. I don't have as much opportunity to do woodworking as I once did, and the client knows that, so I imagine he wouldn't post about it for my benefit. But I wanted to hint that this time it's OK, because it's a really special honor for me.

• Like 1

With permission, then, here's the story. When my mom passed away in 2011, Steve made a beautiful box to hold her ashes and it was very special to me and my family. Claire's mom's memorial and internment is next month and I had been meaning to ask him for another favor but it slipped my mind until just days ago. Being such an amazing guy, Steve immediately said yes and started work the next day. He's already finished a turned lacewood urn and will ship it tomorrow. Claire and her sister are thrilled that their nature loving, conservationist mother will not be put in the ground in a plastic box, and of course I am eternally grateful to Steve for his beautiful work and friendship. :ian:

• Like 21