And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Mike, John, Wayne, and any of the South Florida crew I missed, stay safe. I guess Matthew might be back in our area again next week, so don't take the shutters down too soon. If anyone needs any kind of help after the storm, don't hesitate to ask.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Guss2 said:

Mike, John, Wayne, and any of the South Florida crew I missed, stay safe. I guess Matthew might be back in our area again next week, so don't take the shutters down too soon. If anyone needs any kind of help after the storm, don't hesitate to ask.

Gary, I haven't heard anything about the storm coming back.  Where did you hear that?  Stay safe!

Find Dom and stay safe, my Floridifriends.

Today at work I went to my second Toastmasters International meeting (something that was recommended to me by my Mentor at work.) We drew cards randomly to see who had to give a 2-3 minute "table talk" or a full-blown 5-6 minute speech. I had nothing prepared, and it was my first time speaking, and the area director was there, so of course I went with the 5-6 minute option, because fuck it.

I did an off-the-cuff speech about cycling, bringing up the joys of youth, how I had used it as PT, and segued into a few quick tips for getting a "real bike."

I got high marks on the speech, especially for off the cuff. I surprised the evaluator by going with a PT angle instead of straight fun, and it rounded out our day with something more enjoyable, as the first speech was work related, the second was tips on voicing during a speech, and mine was interesting. The area director who was sitting in on our meeting today wound up doing a good speech, and won the "best speech" prize, but coming in second to someone who's been doing this for years, who had the framework of this speech worked out, isn't a bad way to jump into a new program.

Doing the entire speech with my fly unzipped, however, may come back to haunt me.

**BRENT**

• Like 7

57 minutes ago, tyrion said:

Gary, I haven't heard anything about the storm coming back.  Where did you hear that?  Stay safe!

Just some of the forecast tracks in agreement that it could be back in the area again and even come through S Fl., but you know how fickle those things can be. Basically following the coastline and moving in a big loop and coming back as a tropical storm.

This is a great website I just found out about.http://www.spaghettimodels.com/

14L_gefs_latest.png

As of 7 PM, the storm was fucking up West End and Freeport. That puts it about 100 miles from my house, 115 or so from Mike's and it should get further away after a few hours. I guess we had tropical storm winds briefly at Port Everglades, but right now it's 20, gusting 35 (mph, not knots). So no damage for us that some liniment won't fix. Peeps in the Bahamas not so lucky. Their two biggest cities took direct hits. They'll be needing some help, I'm sure. And heaven knows what kind of mess there is in Haiti. Haven't heard from my friend has has an orphanage down there. That place is so fragile.