And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Went to church for the first time since my mom passed away, did not smolder.

I went to show support for a friend at her father's memorial service, but the service started as soon as I got there, and as time progressed, my resolve faltered.  So by the end of the service, I just gave her a hug and a kiss (we're a very kissy and huggy lot, this particular circle of my childhood friends, so don't misinterpret that -- it was welcome) of comfort and support, and passed on the condolences of my sisters.

(le sigh)

I suck at church.

• Like 2

I had an interesting morning.  A resident of a local medical halfway house had a seizure, driving his electric wheelchair, and spun out right in front of me.  I slammed brakes.  First time I've felt ABS with the GTI.  I blocked traffic with my car, and assisted.  He was seizing and had hit his head.  The bleeding wasn't bad, but I was afraid of a neck injury, so I didn't move him, and called 911.  I left after the paramedics showed up, as I was meeting with a potential client (maybe finally getting the independent consultancy thing going, we'll see).  I plan on calling the halfway house tomorrow, to check up on him.  I was honked at a lot, but I was glad to see other people stop and assist, on foot and in cars.  That adrenaline rush was better than any coffee I've ever had, let me tell you, when he was suddenly in front of my car.

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 7

Went out canvassing for Hillary in a largely-immigrant working class apartment complex in Dania. Since I have no language skills, there was a fair amount of pointing to her picture and making hand gestures for "vote"

This is actually kind of a big deal after 40 years of being ethically enjoined from publicly supporting a political candidate.

• Like 9

Is that what it is?  Is that why I don't "get" Brent's love of biscuits?  I have had good biscuits (by my standards), but I don't catch myself ever saying "that's a really good biscuit".  No matter how good it is, it's still just a biscuit.

Cornbread, on the other hand...I have actually said it more than once about one particular cornbread recipe (Hard Times in Rockville -- the chef was experimenting a little bit, threw in some dessert-y type spices -- cinnamon?  Whatever it was, it was really subtle.).