And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I'll take you all's word for it that such a thing exists, but until I taste such a biscuit, I will be standing by my opinion.

EDIT:  I take that back.  You all are the same crowd that think Crisco is the greatest thing for cooking, and I just don't appreciate Crisco the way you all do (childhood memories of your ma's baking aren't as hallowed as yours?), so on the one hand, I do believe that you all prefer biscuits to corn bread, but on the other, I think you're wrong that I'd feel the same way.

I did something really good today. Actually me and my father.

We have been feeding 20-25 street cats for 2 years. And for winter is coming we started to build a shelter for street cats. It has 10 room. We'll add more room/shelter later.

Here are some pictures:

DSCN3538.JPG

DSCN3539.JPG

If you have any suggestions for improvement, i gladly listen them.

DSCN3540.JPG

It is beneath the bubble wrap, which we are going to use for isolation. And we'll add fences around it so nothing can bother cats while they are sleeping/eating. And we'll add a roof made from rigid plastic for rain. Btw it is still useable as it is. Cats crawl under bubble wrap. :)

I'll post finished pictures too.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, dsavitsk said:

That's fantastic! You might want to add some small stands to get the base off the ground a little, and perhaps add some straw for warmth. But this looks like it will make the cats a lot more comfortable.

Actually sir, sorry i forgot to add, we bought carpet for internal :)

Thank you for suggestion. But ground is dirt, so we have to find stands which withstand against dirt. We are using pavingstone for now.

I'm really happy cuz they already started to use it :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Fitz said:

I can certainly approve of taking care of street cats. :)

Thank you my good sir. :) We're doing our best. We fed them with proper cat food. And their water get refreshed per 6 hours. :) and they pay us with purrs.

35 minutes ago, ironbut said:

Very cool idea!

I've seen some pet shops using what looks like shredded newspaper for bedding. You might want to ask someplace like an animal shelter what they suggest.

Thank you sir. Well i'll try all filling suggestions, and let them decide :)

Edited by Sechtdamon

7 minutes ago, Fitz said:

Every 6 hours? My own cat just got jealous. She wakes me up sometimes because her water bowl is empty and can't wait until I get up. :P

Yes my good sir, and we serve hot water more frequently in winter too!

After they eat, some of them come to my lap and start to purr. That's something you can't buy with money. I pay less than yoga course per month and certainly get more relaxed. :)

Edited by Sechtdamon
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dusty Chalk said:

There's a certain beloved forum member who's a big animal rescue advocate -- we call him the cat whisperer -- and there are several of us who have adopted exclusively rescues -- I would call us "satellite" animal rescue advocates -- so the overwhelmingly positive reaction does not surprise me.

I feel good when i see people care about animals. And i feel happier after this message of yours. :) Good to know there are people in forum whom i can ask for advice when i need.

• Like 1

Voted.

13 minutes in to out. Not bad at all. Beats the 2012 election and its three hour wait.

Of course we did the research in advance so I knew which constitutional amendment was fraudulent (it is Florida after all) which county charter items were so inside baseball that there was no point in even trying and - at Bonnie's insistence - which drainage district candidates might be scoundrels. Although she might have been a little harsh on her markup of the sample ballot. The mere fact of residing in the city of Pompano Beach may be taking guilt by association a bit too far....

• Like 8

5 hours ago, CarlSeibert said:

Voted.

13 minutes in to out. Not bad at all. Beats the 2012 election and its three hour wait.

Of course we did the research in advance so I knew which constitutional amendment was fraudulent (it is Florida after all) which county charter items were so inside baseball that there was no point in even trying and - at Bonnie's insistence - which drainage district candidates might be scoundrels. Although she might have been a little harsh on her markup of the sample ballot. The mere fact of residing in the city of Pompano Beach may be taking guilt by association a bit too far....

^^^This. I got my mail-in ballot at the end of last week. Marked everything up tonight and put it together to mail tomorrow.

Grab him by the ballot. >:D

• Like 2