And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

33 minutes ago, MexicanDragon said:

Left work early to go vote; whether it was for the Creamscicle or the First Gentleman, only Santa knows for sure.

**BRENT**

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Which was it Wayne? I'm ready to withhold biscuits if he made the wrong choice. :)

• Like 2

Voted.  (I did not vote for rat poison.)  Walked to my polling place.  Had a margarita on the way back.

Changed my Avatar.  Again.

Went to the doctor, got a thumbs up for the improvement, told his assistant that I really enjoyed her singing last time, I think that put her off, though, she got all formal.  I hope I didn't make her feel too uncomfortable, I was trying to encourage her singing, it made for a really pleasant experience for me last time.  Oh well...

• Like 2

I found out that I probably don't have testicular cancer (I likely won't know for sure until early December, due to the vagaries of insurance and getting appointments).  I also chatted with a very attractive pen enthusiast, in my age group, and I have a date set up for Saturday.  On most days, this would have been a positive one, on balance.

• Like 8

I feel sorry for you guys. :( Trump did it.

Yea they are all wrong choices, and both in Turkey and USA, elections are like choosing the least bad one in a pool filled with shitholes but still... TRUMP ffs.

Anyway I picked up my recabled and socketed R-50 from shipment office today.

IMG_20161109_143315762.jpg

IMG_20161109_143353289.jpg

And found out the itching area under my belly button caused by stress cuz of incoming military service health control. Normally they should not take me under arms for I have bipolar type 1. But hey! It's Turkey.

Edited by Sechtdamon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, swt61 said:

Left work early. In a total funk today. Just didn't see this coming. Never thought I'd be embarrassed to be an American.

Yeah, I'm in a daze out here as well after staying up late to watch the President-Elect's victory speech. To Mr. Trump's credit, he did an excellent job with it.

What makes this so stunning is that less than 24 hours ago I think a ton of us thought the race was finished and that he didn't have a chance. Boy were we ever wrong.

No point in whining about it anymore though. He won, and he proved all of us wrong.

I do think he might not be quite as conservative as he made himself out to be on the campaign trail, but only time will tell.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TMoney said:

Yeah, I'm in a daze out here as well after staying up late to watch the President-Elect's victory speech. To Mr. Trump's credit, he did an excellent job with it.

What makes this so stunning is that less than 24 hours ago I think a ton of us thought the race was finished and that he didn't have a chance. Boy were we ever wrong.

No point in whining about it anymore though. He won, and he proved all of us wrong.

I do think he might not be quite as conservative as he made himself out to be on the campaign trail, but only time will tell.

This.  Like many of you, I'm hoping and wishing for the best from him.

7 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Unless it was rigged.

Yeah, I went there.

Yes, you went there, didn't you :)

The Donald's fave debate tactic seemed to be to throw whatever he was accused of back at the accuser. He did start ranting about the election/system being rigged. Maybe he was referring to it being rigged... for him?

EDIT: and sorry, I've been drinking....

Edited by Pars
  • Like 2

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-37927781

Cuba being paranoid?

Middle East is going to be much much worse. if possible. Nothing is impossible with Erdoğan + Trump

I'm talking like as if I'm living in USA but, as many of you know USA foreign affairs policies directly effect us.

Sorry for being negativistic, but it's actually being "realistic". I think he'll be worse than Bush shitholes.

We had a long weekend in Istanbul three years ago, and were struck with the relaxed atmosphere and the gracious people there. But given the current tensions, protests, terrorist bombs, attempted coup and extensive reprisals, there is absolutely no way we would return at this point. A real shame - it is a fine country with an amazing heritage.

• Like 2

Well, as Aziz Nesin said "%60 of Turkey's population are idiots" He is right. Most of the population see Tayyip as Padishah. They do as he commands. There is no democracy in Turkey (Well I don't believe there can be democracy in any country anyway).

Most of the terrorist attacks caused by government to legitimize martial law. AKP supported f.cking Al-nusra for years against Esad. A year ago El-nusra joined Isis. For they have similar (actually same: Isis believes in Wahhabism which is based on Salafism, Al-nusra accepts Salafi movement as their way).

And this is the hecking point: Isis and Al-nusra based on their belief system, they do not see any sunni or other muslims as "muslims". So for their perspective, Turkish people are all kafirs.

Protests were all peaceful till government's police (yea, they are) tried to cease them. And 2 bombings during protests in Ankara and Diyarbakır (made by Al-nusra cuz as I've seen on paper, minister of internal affairs asks MIT to fully support them) actually supported by government. (if you dig in wikileaks you can see papers that support this idea)

Other bombings that made by ISIS are caused by government too. Cuz at first our government selling and giving away guns (pretty big ones, and they arrested 2 journalist (one of them well known "Can Dündar")) cuz they revealed it.

And now, they (government and all of their organs) arrested nearly all Cumhuriyet Newspaper's journalists and writers cuz, as government says "supporting PKK and PDY" without being members of any of these terrorist movements". FFS, Cumhuriyet has ben always opposed them, and actually they are arrested once before for going against PDY, but then our government was going good with PDY. (PDY is an organization which Fetullah Gülen leads) And ofc they arrested nearly all HDP's (one of the opposing parties) deputies, leaders for supporting PKK.

Not finished, now they are going against CHP (the oldest party, The party which Ataturk established) for supporting HDP and Cumhuriyet newspaper.

I'm not even talking about "the palace" Tayyip builded for himself, The unemployment fund, GSS, SGK... FFS they fucked up the people of Turkey. They are trully all internal imperialists. The unemployment fund raising by the mandatory cuts from all working people, and only %10 of the unemployment people gets the payments. 90 billion Turkish liras are either missing or not been using.

And not a soul tries to do something. Opposing parties are yelling but none of the Tayyip's subjects is hearing anything.

Turkey is nearly finished, we're going back to Ottomans. And with Trump, I'm pretty sure middle east is fucked up as female rabbit.

BTW, I hate Ottoman empire, they were nothing but imperialists (failed ones tbh) and bunch of losers who believes themselves are chosen.

And about Turkish people: Most of them are as peaceful as gorillas. They try to lynch you if you support any idea against them. I've been beaten nearly every day for being an Atheist and Far Left wing supporter during high school. I've been stabbed once. Gray wolves raided my house and burnt my books. I was only 15 ffs.

Most of them are blinded by fanaticism of nationalism and religion. Even mild Left wing supporters. And they have fear of "others" as paranoid as it can be.

It has always been like this. Just check "how many journalists and writers got killed in Turkey"

Turkey is great place for visiting, not for staying.

And actually I may get arrested for this post, but I do not care for I've been arrested before.

Sorry for long post but I'm extremely angry about the shits going on in Middle East, Turkey and USA.

Edited by Sechtdamon
  • Like 2