And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

7 hours ago, spritzer said:

Would it be frowned upon to use for instance a hardy sword made from damascus steel or something like that?  I mean it might cut somebody in half but its a risk we are willing to take!!  ;)

It is an idea worth considering though it would probably lead to Lance being banned from competition quicker than a forum newbie shilling ten dollar "high end" headphones.

• Like 1

Took Emily to the airport this morning for her flight to Philadelphia where she starts her nine month government program contract to work with inner city kids helping them to get into college. The program manager was excited to have a Notre Dame graduate on board and so it seems all of the students in her group.  The best part so far is that these kids really want to be there and really want to go to college but they lack the resources that other kids have available to them. The challenge for Emily will be to help these under resourced kids make it to the big time. We are hoping for a major win if she is successful in getting one of her students admitted to Notre Dame (biased?). Fingers crossed, asking for HC positive energy to be sent to Philly.

Good for your daughter for wanting to help! I'm sure you are proud of her. Philly is a good town, hopefully a great experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

My fingers never touched the blade, but the board ripped the finger at the Red line, and the Green portion is no longer there. It now resembles a carrot.

finger_PNG6292.png

They took the remainder of the nail off. It did not hit the tendon and I still had full mobility at the Dr.s office. But there was so little skin remaining that he had a very hard time closing up the wound. He is worried that may effect mobility and told me a partial amputation may still be necessary. I have an appointment with a hand Dr. tomorrow. He might have more answers for me.

It also dug some flesh from my thumb, but that's a much more minor wound.