And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I haven't been in this thread for a few days either. Wow, Steve, kickbacks are scary. I'm glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.

My father-in-law used to work in a shop at a school. Somebody had a kickback that went halfway through a concrete block wall. (Fortunately without going through the guy first) They left the piece of wood sticking out of the wall as a motivational showpiece. Made an impression on me.

Really should get a riving knife for my old Unisaw.

16 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

It's sort of chronic -- I've learned to prevent sinus infections for the most part simply by keeping my sinuses clear, staying on top of all my allergy medicines.  I've actually gotten so good at preventing sinus infections that even when I get sick and one of the symptoms is congestion, I can still take care of it by lots of gentle irrigation, but this one has me stumped.  I can breathe through my nose right now, but I still have that -- WARNING:  TMI, STOP READING HERE IF THIS SORT OF DISCUSSION MAKES YOU SQUEAMISH -- green discharge that I associate with a sinus infection.  It's not the worst I've ever had -- with that sickeningly sweet smell -- but I'd usually be back to clear by now, so I don't know what's going on -- maybe there's a pocket that the irrigation isn't getting to.

But yeah, one more day and I'm going back to the doctor.

Well Dusty I was exactly like you, I strongly suggest, If the doctor says the procedure I talked about is necessary, get the discharge sucked off from your sinuses. I was studying for university exams that year, and I even couldn't lean to the practice tests. It was really easy procedure 10 years ago, It should be easier now.

And with that weird pain, sinus headache is extremely irritating. It restrain your movement by making you extremely uncomfortable. You should keep your head straight to avoid huge headache spikes.

19 hours ago, CarlSeibert said:

I haven't been in this thread for a few days either. Wow, Steve, kickbacks are scary. I'm glad to hear you're on the road to recovery.

My father-in-law used to work in a shop at a school. Somebody had a kickback that went halfway through a concrete block wall. (Fortunately without going through the guy first) They left the piece of wood sticking out of the wall as a motivational showpiece. Made an impression on me.

Really should get a riving knife for my old Unisaw.

Well I'm healing faster than I thought. Still going stir crazy though. Hope to get back to work very soon. Stitches come out Friday.

• Like 6

On 21/12/2016 at 0:52 AM, Dusty Chalk said:

Thanks, guys.

It's sort of chronic -- I've learned to prevent sinus infections for the most part simply by keeping my sinuses clear, staying on top of all my allergy medicines.  I've actually gotten so good at preventing sinus infections that even when I get sick and one of the symptoms is congestion, I can still take care of it by lots of gentle irrigation, but this one has me stumped.  I can breathe through my nose right now, but I still have that -- WARNING:  TMI, STOP READING HERE IF THIS SORT OF DISCUSSION MAKES YOU SQUEAMISH -- green discharge that I associate with a sinus infection.  It's not the worst I've ever had -- with that sickeningly sweet smell -- but I'd usually be back to clear by now, so I don't know what's going on -- maybe there's a pocket that the irrigation isn't getting to.

But yeah, one more day and I'm going back to the doctor.

Best wishes, Dusty. That sounds like a sinus infection. Have you been prescribed aerosol therapy? It's rather helpful to drain the infected mucus.

2 hours ago, Torpedo said:

Best wishes, Dusty. That sounds like a sinus infection. Have you been prescribed aerosol therapy? It's rather helpful to drain the infected mucus.

Thanks, the good doctor.  Yes, it's definitely a sinus infection.  In answer to "have I been prescribed...":  sort of/maybe/not sure, I've gotten so good about preventing sinus infections that I don't even see a doctor about it any more.  I vaguely remember (from years ago) telling my doctor that I did the saline spray, and getting their approval, so that's what I still do.  Something like one of these:

17263050?wid=450&hei=450&fmt=pjpeg

...which has a self contained aerosol that pushes on a bag of saline water out the nozzle.  

7 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Thanks, the good doctor.  Yes, it's definitely a sinus infection.  In answer to "have I been prescribed...":  sort of/maybe/not sure, I've gotten so good about preventing sinus infections that I don't even see a doctor about it any more.  I vaguely remember (from years ago) telling my doctor that I did the saline spray, and getting their approval, so that's what I still do.  Something like one of these:

17263050?wid=450&hei=450&fmt=pjpeg

...which has a self contained aerosol that pushes on a bag of saline water out the nozzle.  

I was meaning administering drugs using nebulization. So you put a mask over your nose/mouth and inhale for minutes the saline solution with the drugs you want to deliver in the aerosol form a machine is forming. The drugs are usually some topic corticoid, vasoconstrictor and mucus fluidifier. Some people have the machines at home to get a humidifying session before bed.

Those marine/saline baths are great, but I like better the ones that come into a soft plastic bottle with an olive in the tip closing completely the nostril, so you can apply all the pressure you need to get the nose clean.

The name is rather unfortunate

r2iEnyl.jpg

Edited by Torpedo
  • Like 3

On 22.12.2016 at 1:30 AM, swt61 said:

No one around to joke with. I'll tell you one thing, using my right hand after 40+ years with my left, feels like having a new boyfriend. 

I laughed hard Steve, my good sir.

So, today there was a chrismas/new year celebration at my work. After drinking few beer and watching bellydancer for a few second, I left and came to my hotel room. People change very fast when they drink, I've seen that clearly today.

Also consultant of the corp. gave me a pack of cigars. Dunno why exactly but, I have theories about it.

And FUCK, I miss my cats...

Edited by Sechtdamon
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, ironbut said:

Probably didn't seem like it to you but,

Man that was fast Steve!

Keep it in it's "holster" for a while longer and you'll be back at it in no time!

Congrats!

It amazes me too, but the Dr. did tell me that fingers heal very fast. The cool thing that I didn't expect is that it seems to have filled out. It doesn't really look like a carrot anymore, because the finger has widened. Weird, but cool. It won't look just like the others, but not nearly as strange as I first thought. Have good feeling all the way down to the tip, too. :)

2 hours ago, Torpedo said:

Steve, you're a good quality patient :D

The nurse says she wished all patients were more like me. It was much harder on her when pulling out the stitches. One had grown over and she was so worried that it was going to hurt. It did hurt, but her, not me. Us gay guys are tougher than you think. No need to wash the thumb in a peroxide/water solution anymore, and only another week for the finger. No need to bag the hand when showering anymore. Yay!

2 hours ago, n_maher said:

Did you shed a tear for the loss of your headphone jack? :)

Too soon?

IMO everything needs a port for a plug! ;)

• Like 11