And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I got stuck in Toy Blast.  I don't usually play these games, but it was so easy...until I hit about level 51, then I got stuck for a while, then I got lucky, and now I'm stuck at level 54, I think I'm going to quit here, because I keep getting overwhelmed by the ice, and "cold turkey" is the only way I know how to beat an addiction.

Big rain/wind storm last night and today. Power out all morning then back on, only to lose phone/Internet /cable all afternoon until now. Hoping that it hangs on for a few more hours anyway.

Two doors down the neighbors were not home and their power line from the pole across the street was draped onto their driveway. It was still connected at both ends but a large broken branch on their driveway must have brought it down. I called the power company to report it and rigged a warning sign to put at the front of their driveway. Oh, and I bumped my head into the wire while setting up the sign. Oops. No utility truck and no neighbors at last check. These same people had a very large tree crush their house a few years ago and it was only rebuilt as of about two years ago...

A good friend of ours dropped off a bag of Meyer lemons from her garden so naturally I juiced them and am now tweaking a Lemoncello receipe using a vodka that is infused with lime and caviar. It will either turn out to be awesome or azz. 

• Like 1

This was yesterday, but I had an excellent second date.  She ("New Emily") lived in Europe for several years, until quite recently, and lost her driving privileges in Ohio.  I tutored her on the Ohio maneuverability portion, which is basically just parallel parking.  Went well!  She failed that part three times in the last two months, so I can't possibly have hindered things.

• Like 5