And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Nothing arcy sparky, but I did just get a flash flood warning on my phone that the creek is at flood stage and rising. Not a risk to the house but it can create mobility issues.

Indeed

b2456939b72787e75824d57db8cbb335.jpg

The alert original pop up (that happened in the middle of a WebEx meeting / conference call)
Had the helpful advice
"Avoid Flood Areas"
Thanks! /s

Power just back on after a couple hours without. A power line went down on our street and kept us in the dark and trapped here -- Frank the Tenant tried to leave and was turned back because PG&E was trying to fix the downed line up the street. Two more drainage clogs resolved after much overflowing. My roast chicken was finished in the Webber and dinner was by candle light. Hopefully we are set for the evening but who knows.

• Like 6

Lh2TyUv.jpg

Last night I went on a proverbial milk run.  By the standards of western MA in early January, it has been insanely warm and rainy the last few days.  My driveway is a fun combination of ice covered in water, meaning it has a coefficient of friction that I suspect requires negative numbers to express.  When I unloaded the car, I was extra careful and made two trips.  I moved slowly and cautiously on the both the first and second passes across the sloping, treacherous terrain.  The first time I made it just fine, as did I on the trip back to the car.  On my second and final return trip I cleared the ice and water without a Wile E. Coyote incident ...and promptly tripped on the steps of my porch.  I fell face first into the woodpile by my front door.  The two gallons of milk cushioned my fall.  My thick skull impacted with the woodpile, but it's a far more dense entity than rain soaked firewood.  My right wrist got a really nice twisting (which is making writing this especially painful) but I can still move my hand and make obscene gestures.  The milk was ...not so fortunate.  My porch looks like the murder scene of some strange white blooded creature. I ended up doing an unplanned load of laundry last night in a furtive effort to avoid having anything REEKING LIKE ROTTEN MILK in the next few days.

Edited by Knuckledragger

29 minutes ago, aardvark baguette said:

My windows are open.

Expecting snow on Saturday.

Yeah, I went for a walk at lunch today and was in a short sleeved shirt and a fleece vest (and pants, Steve).  I still ended up sweaty.  Monday it didn't get above 15F.  WTF?  No snow in our weekend forecast but wind-chills on Saturday are scheduled to be in the -10F region.

• Like 3

Today I finally figured out what the hell was going on with my home network. Turns out that PowerLine networks will extend outside your home and one of my neighbors was on my network. I had encrypted but apparently the with the default password. I am hoping that it was inadvertently done in that their device hit our network rather than theirs but I don't know if I entirely believe that because it was into an ap with 15 devices. Either way at this point they are off my network.

• Like 6