And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

7 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

No, I meant instead of Mai Tais.

Slapstick is often as hard to portray online as sarcasm. I understood, I just took advantage of Katanas looking similar to Kansas.

Although I thought you meant Katanas instead of fencing foils.

7 minutes ago, swt61 said:

Slapstick is often as hard to portray online as sarcasm. I understood, I just took advantage of Katanas looking similar to Kansas.

Although I thought you meant Katanas instead of fencing foils.

I understood you, as well, and saw the joke.  And I did originally mean fencing foils.  Because katanas are much sturdier.  I just thought I'd go in a different direction, because funny.  To me, anyway.  I mean, what could be more disjoint than katanas instead of Mai Tais.  Unless there's a cocktail called the katana, which there probably is, which undermines the joke, so...I fail. 

Hilariously, hilariously fail.

• Like 2

Set up a third date for tomorrow.  Tacos and live music (the best rock band in St. Louis, two years in a row!).  Date two was last night.  There was PDA; I don't know why I still carry this stupid Palm Pilot.*

*Come on, that's funny.

1 hour ago, swt61 said:

There must be a cocktail named Katana. If not, you need to invent it.

It'd have to be sharp and a little dangerous.

That's an easy recipe; ether in a jar, and a lit match.

• Like 2

KATANA - DRINK RECIPE

By:

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Posted:

11/11/2009

INGREDIENTS

Yield:
2oz
    • 3 thin slices cucumbers
    • 1 ½ oz. Absolut Vodka
    • ½ oz. Daiginjo Sake
    • ¾ oz. Fresh lime juice
    • ¾ oz. Simple Syrup
    • Martini Glass

PREPARATION

Difficulty:
Easy
Time:
5 Minutes
Total Time:
5 Minutes
    • Add sliced cucumbers to glass pint shaker. Hand press with muddler. Add remainder of ingredients. Fill glass with ice and shake. Stain into martini glass.
    • Garnish with a thin slice of cucumber
  1. Edit: kind of got garbled, but you get the idea.
Edited by morphsci
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, morphsci said:

KATANA - DRINK RECIPE

By:

The Fairmont Banff Springs

Posted:

11/11/2009

INGREDIENTS

Yield:
2oz
    • 3 thin slices cucumbers
    • 1 ½ oz. Absolut Vodka
    • ½ oz. Daiginjo Sake
    • ¾ oz. Fresh lime juice
    • ¾ oz. Simple Syrup
    • Martini Glass

PREPARATION

Difficulty:
Easy
Time:
5 Minutes
Total Time:
5 Minutes
    • Add sliced cucumbers to glass pint shaker. Hand press with muddler. Add remainder of ingredients. Fill glass with ice and shake. Stain into martini glass.
    • Garnish with a thin slice of cucumber
  1. Edit: kind of got garbled, but you get the idea.

See?

You're ruining one joke, but helping with another.  So I give you a brownie point.

Made the mistake of not giving the Jeep a real proper look-over before taking it out for its first bit of dirt today. Missed two things: a. the tires are rotting a bit more than I had previously thought and b. there are some very subtle locking lug nuts on the wheels for which I don't have the key.

Made it over all sorts of rocks no problem but took a root at one wrong angle and ripped a 2" gash in the sidewall. Couldn't patch it and couldn't swap the spare. Had to leave it out there for the night since the sun was already setting. Should be an interesting tomorrow.

It's at 33.111887,-105.967308 if you want to look.

• Like 4

Glad to hear it.  Also, now's an opportunity to upgrade tires.  I'll have to replace mine this year at some point (40k on the stockers) and have been struggling mightily given how few, basically zero, miles of trails my Jeep is likely to see.

On a personal note - I met with the local Home Theater install company today to talk about the addition.  Progress has been lagging horribly but it's coming up on the time to get things wired and given what I was quoted to have the shop guys do it I'll be having someone wire all of it for me.  It was shockingly low.

• Like 5