And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Woohoo! Just got tickets to see Ian McKellern playing King Lear in Chichester (UK) in October in the tiny 300-seat Minerva Theatre.

Seen some landmark stuff in that little theatre. McKellern in 2011 took a break from filming The Hobbit in New Zealand to be in The Syndicate (a play about The Mob). Patrick Stewart playing Macbeth (went on to the West End, Broadway and then was made into a movie). Patrick Stewart in Bingo (a play about Shakespeare in his senile older years).

That will actually be two Lears we have seen in a year. A couple of months ago we saw Glenda Jackson, aged 80, playing Lear in the West End, and it was absolutely awesome.

Edited by Craig Sawyers
  • Like 5

I've had some interesting days.  On Friday morning, at about 2 AM, I was awakened by loud television.  Interestingly, it was coming from the apartment that is above the front part of my apartment.  I was 20 feet, and lots of walls, away.  I can't imagine how loud it was for everybody else, but I was the one who banged on the ceiling with a broom, and yelled "turn it down!"  There was banging back, but they did turn it down.  I yelled up "thank you!," after they did so.  I'm gracious, at least.

This Sunday night, at about 10:30, police knocked on my door.  Responding to a noise complaint from my "TV."  That's interesting, since I use wireless headphones exclusively (I spent a lot of money on a Sennheiser setup, so that I can still use my TV and turntable, since using my speakers are basically verboten, since I'm a decent person).  I thought the knock was the non-piece-of-shit upstairs neighbor, as he sometimes knocks on my door to chit-chat.  Nice guy.  Nope, cops.  I hit "play" for them, to show that there was nothing coming from my apartment, and they were rather irritated.

Tomorrow, my landlord is either going to do something, or he is going to start an eviction notice on me.  I thought things had gotten this bad, a few weeks ago, when I had to call him about the noise, on a Sunday evening, but this is it.  The human garbage upstairs is hated by everybody in the building, and I don't give the fucker (my landlord) $10,000 a year to not do something.  This is the guy who bought a camera system, but was too lazy to install it, back when there was a wave of vandalism in the parking lot. If he tries to evict me, even though I'm a model tenant, who takes care of issues in the building, and lets him know when things that will fuck everything up are going on (like pipes leaking sewage), I will make sure that he doesn't make a profit off this building for at least 5 years.  I have a lawyer, and we have already talked through armageddon.  I can make it very, very bad, and I will borrow money from my mother to do so.  I haven't had a valid lease in years.  I can make it VERY bad.

Wish me luck, guys.

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hopstretch said:

This is not meant facetiously. Perhaps consider using the resources that would go into fighting the shit landlord and neighbor to move to a nicer place instead? 

I agree with the tall man 100%. Bad neighbors + bad landlord = time to think about moving anyways.

Think about what your desired outcome is, and how best to achieve it.

We obviously only have a few of the facts here, but I'm not sure I'd like to live in a place where the landlord hated my guts.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hopstretch said:

This is not meant facetiously. Perhaps consider using the resources that would go into fighting the shit landlord and neighbor to move to a nicer place instead? 

I would really love to.  I really like my apartment, though, and it's in a great location, and the rent is right.  Anyway, apparently the police contacted my landlord about "the amount of calls," which I was hoping would happen, and "something is going to be done."  

2 hours ago, TMoney said:

We obviously only have a few of the facts here, but I'm not sure I'd like to live in a place where the landlord hated my guts.

He's really likes me, because I pay on time, I take care of stuff, and talk to him when I see him.  He's just spineless and lazy.  Now that he might be having to pay the city fines for allowing too much bullshit, maybe it will change.

• Like 1