And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

So my son Andrew has been accepted to his 4 top schools, with great merit from 2, OK from 1, and we were waiting to hear from 1 (Clarkson, his top choice).

Clarkson Financial letter came today, and at first it was disappointing, showing a decent but 3rd lowest amount in 2017, same in 2018, and then nothing beyond.  THEN, we read more closely: FALL of 2017 and SPRING of 2018.....  It turned out to be the highest of all the schools so far for a year, renewable for the 3 additional years as long as he maintains grades.

WOOOOOO-FUCKING-HOOO are we psyched!!!  The Hermit Boy even agreed to go out to a celebratory dinner with us :lol:

So fucking proud.....he did this.....had some help to coordinate, but he did it.....

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, skullguise said:

So my son Andrew has been accepted to his 4 top schools, with great merit from 2, OK from 1, and we were waiting to hear from 1 (Clarkson, his top choice).

Clarkson Financial letter came today, and at first it was disappointing, showing a decent but 3rd lowest amount in 2017, same in 2018, and then nothing beyond.  THEN, we read more closely: FALL of 2017 and SPRING of 2018.....  It turned out to be the highest of all the schools so far for a year, renewable for the 3 additional years as long as he maintains grades.

WOOOOOO-FUCKING-HOOO are we psyched!!!  The Hermit Boy even agreed to go out to a celebratory dinner with us :lol:

So fucking proud.....he did this.....had some help to coordinate, but he did it.....

That's excellent!

• Like 1

Lance had a great foil practice with a little help from the London Olympics foil silver medalist. Not only is she very kind and motivating but she's very cute.  I say that from a purely competitive perspective mind you.

• Like 7

Yesterday,
Jump started the car 3 times with this,
23a6e5afce813befc472d8e3eb9c83b7.jpg
After the battery finally failed after 5 years and 10 months, as the starting had become progressively more suspect.
Bought a replacement battery.

I picked up a couple, after reading up on the Wirecutter, after "someone" managed to flatten a battery by means unknown (probably by leaving a light on, or door/trunk open).

Small enough and light weight enough to keep in the car, and get to the battery, if say you have parked nose in, or would otherwise be unable to get a conventional jump start from another vehicle.

Handy logic indicator lights in the cable (reminds you disconnect after starting)

I'm a believer.
Available from Costco
https://m.costco.com/Lithium-Jump-Starter-And-Portable-Power-Bank-.product.100312116.html

More details from the manufacturer
http://winplus.com/usa/products/car-jump-start-portable-power-bank/

• Like 2