And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Congratulations Mike!

Oh as a continuation of this weekend, Lance with Alexander Massialas, world men's number 1 fencer

20170319_000435.jpg

Lance with Lee Kiefer Notre Dame fencer and world women number 1 fencer and Gerek Meinhardt, Notre Dame Fencer and 2016 Olympic bronze medalist. Lance is in good company.

20170318_231335.jpg

Edited by Augsburger
  • Like 14

The graduation was only for this school. The next one will be the final one. To me the medical training should be done closer to the end since it's a perishable skill, but he will have more training after he gets his brevet. It's is the longest MOS block of the bunch in SF. He will do, among other training blocks, 25 weeks of language training, likely Arabic. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tyrion said:

The graduation was only for this school. The next one will be the final one. To me the medical training should be done closer to the end since it's a perishable skill, but he will have more training after he gets his brevet. It's is the longest MOS block of the bunch in SF. He will do, among other training blocks, 25 weeks of language training, likely Arabic. 

Intense.  Huge congratulations to you and your son, Mike, lots to be proud of.  Here's hoping it's Arabic and not Dari.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:41 AM, Sherwood said:

Intense.  Huge congratulations to you and your son, Mike, lots to be proud of.  Here's hoping it's Arabic and not Dari.

Thanks.  Either way, he will likely be in the 5th Group which is the Middle East.  We tried to get him to consider Chinese but he won't listen.

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:25 PM, grawk said:

Oh, I bet he gets to practice his medic skills in Q school.

I hope so.  I know he will in the final exam called Robin Sage.

2 minutes ago, Augsburger said:

Goes to show you how I think differently. I would have opted for Swedish or Italian, go figure.

A friend's brother spent 1 tour in afghanistan as a medevac pilot stationed at the swedish army hospital in country.

1 hour ago, guzziguy said:

It looks like Russian might be big again.

Tried that as well.

53 minutes ago, Augsburger said:

Goes to show you how I think differently. I would have opted for Swedish or Italian, go figure.

Believe me, they would be fine alternatives but those won't get him the kind of "experience" he is looking for despite mom and dads' feelings.