And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Last weekend, today and for the next week I will be fixing up our guest bedroom for our house guest who may be staying with us for two months. So far Mary has bought new furniture and forced me to repaint and move old furniture out of the room.  Unfortunately the guest bedroom has been my local wine storage room until now, so now I have six cases of wine stored in our bedroom which match quite nicely with the curtains.

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Augsburger said:

Last weekend, today and for the next week I will be fixing up our guest bedroom for our house guest who may be staying with us for two months. So far Mary has bought new furniture and forced me to repaint and move old furniture out of the room.  Unfortunately the guest bedroom has been my local wine storage room until now, so now I have six cases of wine stored in our bedroom which match quite nicely with the curtains.

I can dispose of that for you. 

I think one possible reason why people have been getting interested into bats relates to the apparent immunodeficiency that leads to fungal colonization and eventual demise. This is actually very worrisome as despite the low (but very real) risk of rabies, bats are great for the environment. Much like owls, the silent rodent killer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CD44hi said:

I think one possible reason why people have been getting interested into bats relates to the apparent immunodeficiency that leads to fungal colonization and eventual demise. This is actually very worrisome as despite the low (but very real) risk of rabies, bats are great for the environment. Much like owls, the silent rodent killer.

Yup, big problem in the Northeast so one "expert" has told me.  The White-Nose fungus spreads easily, kills hard.....  At times when warm and wet winters lead to massive mosquito populations, bats would be a welcome addition for me..... 

• Like 1

Marched for science with the wife and daughter, friend, and fellow geeks.

Funniest moment was running into my daughter's 5th grade teacher last year with her partner who was carrying a sign with the following elements and words:

Flourine Uranium Carbon Potassium

Trump/Spence

3e9d1818e9f47232abfd8592090182f9.jpg015946974a69a090ff7e522a3a077d18.jpg8191554a43f369bd661a9bd549230bc2.jpg2ab99edc9af1804fb7dc54d7f362de55.jpg

• Like 8

fair enough.  Sorry about vegas.

Not my favorite place. Here for work. I did a nice hike today at Red Rocks Canyon. If my back settles down I will do another tomorrow after the deposition. I need to find a good coffee shop near where I'm staying.

• Like 2