And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

14 hours ago, tyrion said:

Not my favorite place. Here for work. I did a nice hike today at Red Rocks Canyon. If my back settles down I will do another tomorrow after the deposition. I need to find a good coffee shop near where I'm staying.

I don't know about their coffee but the deserts are good-

YUM

Spent yesterday afternoon and evening moving in a new mini refrigerator for the guest room further cleaning up the rest of the house and trying to fix a missing sort of seal strip to fit underneath the shower door to prevent water from splashing onto the bathroom floor. The seal strip job looks like a basic HeadFi newby fugly soldering job but works for now.  

Spent yesterday installing a bit over 26 feet of Rubbermaid FastTrack in the garage. Then hanging shit so we can actually park two vehicles in the garage. The tracks were an easy install. It actually took longer to hang, rearrange, rehang, etc. than to put up the tracks. Recommended.

• Like 2

Well wildest of coincidences, it just so happens our house guest is the Russian Rio Olympic fencing coach.  What a small world, who knew?

Our guest will be staying with us for the next three months through the summer nationals so I guess we will be spending a lot of time talking about American BBQ, American wine and fencing. Life is full of surprises.

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, livewire said:

Bought all of the obscure, outdated, hard to find parts to build this:

fyuk.jpg

Sadly, that looks to have aged much better than myself. I was 15, and a skinny, little magician on the dance floor.

Good luck with what seems to be a very cool project!

Edited by swt61
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, GeorgeP said:

Didn't realize that people did that sort of thing. What's next, a PET?

Yeah, retro computing is a "thing". Lot of internet forums support it. Oh, I already have an original PET.

this one:

800px-Commodore_2001_Series-IMG_0448b.jpg

3 minutes ago, sbelyo said:

really cool!  I shouldn't have thrown out my C64, or Atari 800 :(

C64s haven't really appreciated much in value yet. (they will though, with time)

Atari 800s are trending upwards. Both are very popular still. (with the retro geeks)

One of the best oldies to hold onto are the first Apple II computers. (not the IIe variant)

They are selling on ebay for ~$2000+.

• Like 3

Monochrome green or amber if I remember correctly (the PET, that is. maybe the apple was colour?). We had one in my grade school library in the late 70s or early 80s - looked cool, but no one knew what to do with it. The look always reminds me of the movie "War Games".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sbelyo said:

looks like it was briel computers...  No new orders accepted:(

Briel made a "replica" that used modern chips, had a smaller form factor and didn't look anything like the original.

It did operate and program the same as the original, with some modern twists thrown in. (it could access more memory)

His site is still up, but he is no longer in the retro-replica personal computer business.

There are currently two guys on ebay that offer exact replica boards and kits. One is in Hong Kong, the other in Italy.

8 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Planted 10 different tomato plants, 5 pepper plants, and a cucumber, a melon, and a zucchini. Should have some good stuff starting in a month or so.

d30e6caa30b1c67ef756141a10ee7bb3.jpg

d8e54046834cddfcaab976b4879c0303.jpg

I like the idea of "edible gardens". Gonna plant one in the backyard next year when I retire. :)

Edited by livewire

10 hours ago, livewire said:

I like the idea of "edible gardens". Gonna plant one in the backyard next year when I retire. :)

Well, Colin wouldn't actually "eat" the cucumber or zucchini, but yeah, edible gardens FTW!