And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Went to the ER, after passing out, with temporarily altered cognition.  I'll just diagnose myself, next time, and save myself the hours and the insurance cost, because the ER doc sure wasn't very much help.  Long story short, my water balance is out of whack, so I'll be on new blood pressure meds soon.  

Edited by EdipisReks1

No, I suspect what happened was, someone yelled, "suspicious package", because I've been carrying them around in that generic hardware case that Chris gave me, and it's a little beat up looking, which would make it even more suspicious, and my "look" on the train is a hoodie and sunglasses, so if they saw who left it...

But your point is still valid, and for that, I am grateful.  There are a lot of good people on the train.  And it's rubbed off on me -- I've gotten out of my seat so that two people could sit together, and I think when other people observe that sort of behaviour, they try to do it, too.  It certainly worked on me.  Especially when it's the same people on the train every day, and you kinda sorta get to know each other.  Every time I bring a salad on the train, that same conductor always stops me and asks me if I know the rule about food on the train ("share it with the conductor"), to which I try to respond with something different every time.  (My favourite was, "bring a treat for the good ones, give the assholes a hard time", to which I was ready to respond with a cookie if he asked me which one was he, but that was the one time he didn't ask me.  Dagnabit.)

Yeah, I've been leaving a lot of stuff -- prescription glasses (also got those back), hoodie in a restaurant (got that back too), winter plaid hunter's cap (never got that back).  Geezin' sucks.

On the bright side, my doctor thinks it all boils down to sleep apnea, so as soon as I can start using my bi-pap regularly, I should see an improvement in my behavior.

Also, I called them as soon as I realized, and the conductor now knows me by sight, so he went out of his way to find them.

• Like 2

The Good: I'm on the Vineyard.

The Bad: On the second day I was here, I moved two bundles of shingles for my mum.  They were ...a lot heavier than I anticipated, and my back objected stridently.  I've been basically paralyzed and house bound since Tuesday.  Whee fun vacation.  

The Ugly: It's Friday, and thanks to the Information Age (and lugging a large rotary fader DJ mixer with me), I'm set to do my radio show from a remote location.  Problem is, it hurts like hell to sit in one spot for too long (it also hurts to stand up, to move, etc, but I digress.)  I'm not really looking forward to this.  :palm:

I think I just thwarted a break in to the apartment building.  Calling the police, now.  For the would be thief's honor, I would also have run away if I saw me charging, in boxer-briefs and a tank-top, towards the front door of a place I was trying to crowbar open. I'm glad I was still awake, and had taken my wireless headphones off, in prep for going to bed.

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 1