And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Agree with you 100% Steve. My favorite snake when I was growing up was a California King Snake. It was the most beautiful and docile snake I ever had the pleasure to interact with. Snakes were the reason I do what I do today.

We went kayaking for a few hours this morning on Spruce Creek. Very old south looking black water creek. We then came back home to watch Arsenal beat Chelsea for the FA cup. :dance: After that we went and traded in Peters old bike for a new Raleigh for his birthday. All in all a pretty nice day, but my shoulders are already complaining about the kayaking.

B26240D4-60DF-42AE-9E0C-38D4F6D74976.thumb.JPG.b2bf43a6bbbee2435d6893eb42208ff8.JPG

Edited by morphsci
  • Like 7

Visited my sick friend Christine today, got to give her a nice chunk of change from a GoFundMe drive our friend Rick set up; she needs it for some potentially last-hope meds but she will still need more.  Recounted some stories going all the way back to kindergarten for some folks we knew in common, and she filled me in more on her life after school.  It was great to see her smile even though in pain, and she still has an amazing wit.

I cried on the way home....:(

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, skullguise said:

Visited my sick friend Christine today, got to give her a nice chunk of change from a GoFundMe drive our friend Rick set up; she needs it for some potentially last-hope meds but she will still need more.  Recounted some stories going all the way back to kindergarten for some folks we knew in common, and she filled me in more on her life after school.  It was great to see her smile even though in pain, and she still has an amazing wit.

I cried on the way home....:(

I'm sorry, Todd.  May the last-hope meds work.

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, swt61 said:

Glad you were able to see her and share better times! Crying is good.

This.  I'm sorry about your friend and the emotional pain you have to go through, but my takeaway from that myself is to value life while you have it, be it yours or the other persons.  Cherish the visit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2017 at 9:53 PM, swt61 said:

Stopped an idiot redneck from pummeling a rat snake with a tire iron today. I was walking out of the bank when I saw a rat snake moving across the parking lot. Then I noticed from the corner of my eye someone running at me. Upon looking over, I saw a man with a raised tire iron running toward the snake (and myself), I jumped in front of the snake and told the guy it was harmless. To which he replied it was a rattlesnake. I assured him it was a harmless rat snake (not even remotely similar looking to a rattlesnake, other than Grey/Brown markings). Mind you, we were within inches of the snake. When he told me I was wrong, I simply picked up the snake and put it's head near my face, pointed out the lack of a viper shaped head, large fangs, and a tail without any possible resemblance to a rattle. He looked at me as if I were an escaped inmate from an insane asylum, then pointed out that it was still a snake, and "the only good snake was a dead snake". I didn't bother with lecturing him on the benefits of the rat snake, and considered my act of saving the snake a victory.

Rat snake...

snake_ERat_Juv_ScottSmith.jpg

Rattlesnake...

download.jpg

Best snake I ever had as a pet came from Texas.  I snuck it home to NJ on a plane in my dad's sock whilst in the back of his shirt.  He promptly rushed to the lav with my back pack once we were on the plane. Needless to say this was in the early eighties.  Still I laugh everytime I think about it

I smuggled an African Pygmy Hedgehog on a plane once. I bought it in Seattle to take home to Anchorage, but they were not legal in Alaska then. It was just weened and pretty small. I carried it in a leather fanny pack. That was around '95.

Had a graduation party yesterday for Andrew, a good chunk of the family came.  Karen and I had most of it catered, and the result was quite stress-free for us, allowing us to enjoy family.

Also found out that my dad - 82 years old - just fully retired this past week from his dentistry practice!

My dad and oldest brother Scott, and Andrew & me:

AT1.jpg

DS1.jpg

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 12