And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

That's too bad, Shelly. When we had the inspection done on our house, the inspector was literally laughing during the process. He thought nobody would be dumb enough to buy a house that needed so much work. But he had not met the likes of us! We managed to get the seller to do $35K worth or maintenance - basically everything significant mentioned in the report. I think the agents on both sides were shocked that he agreed to it.

• Like 5

Look, I'm no expert when it comes to women and signals but if you have to spend more than a few seconds pondering the meaning of that action, I'm guessing you're not getting laid much.

o·vert
ōˈvərt,ˈōvərt/
adjective

1. done or shown openly; plainly or readily apparent, not secret or hidden.
    "an overt act of aggression"
    synonyms: undisguised, unconcealed, plain (to see), clear, apparent, conspicuous, obvious, noticeable, manifest, patent, open, blatant
    "an overt attempt to sidestep the truth"
  • Like 4

@Shelly - sorry to hear about the place. A good inspector that works for you is worth their weight in gold. Our inspector saw two, tiny, old, cut pipes barely coming into a dark corner of our cellar, near where the inside oil tank currently resides. This triggered an underground scan of the driveway just outside cellar wall, which discovered a huge underground oil tank. The inside oil tank conversion was done prior to the last owners who had lived there for ten years, and they claimed no knowledge until the scan. Long story still long, they paid for the old tank removal, soil testing (sale contingent upon not needing further remediation), & repaving. I am a firm believer that the right home appears when it is right for you though, so you have the right attitude. Good luck with the continued search, and have fun with it.

@mypasswordis - so a woman was licking the window outside your diner booth, and y'all post a selfie???!!!!!  #trueheadphonenerds

• Like 5

Why does this remind me of the Engineer 's bike joke?

Two engineering students, Bob and Ed, are riding their bikes. Bob says to Ed, "That's a nice bike; is it new?" Ed replies, "Well, that's an interesting story. I was walking on campus the other day, and a beautiful woman rides up to me, gets off her bike and puts it on down, takes off all of her clothes and throws them down, and says 'Take what you want.'" Bob says to Ed, "Good choice; the clothes wouldn't have fit you anyway."

• Like 10

Shelly I'm currently living through poorly done home inspection hell so I'll fully agree that a good inspector is worth his/her weight in gold.

Me: got text from contractor informing me that I need a professional electrician ASAP because the wiring is wrong and there is a fire hazard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 1