And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Signed up for SONY Playstation Vue to hopefully replace Dish Network for our TV viewing pleasure. Dish has gone to hell with their latest software update, and frankly their cost is pretty insane. PS Vue is less than half the price, and we get 90% of our normally watched channels including local CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox channels. Unlimited cloud DVR with 28 day show retention. We're running it on a Gen 4 Apple TV downstairs and an Amazon Fire TV in the bedroom. The guide is weird, but we'll get used to it. We are on a 5 day free trial so we'll see how it goes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Absorbine_Sr said:

Signed up for SONY Playstation Vue to hopefully replace Dish Network for our TV viewing pleasure. Dish has gone to hell with their latest software update, and frankly their cost is pretty insane. PS Vue is less than half the price, and we get 90% of our normally watched channels including local CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox channels. Unlimited cloud DVR with 28 day show retention. We're running it on a Gen 4 Apple TV downstairs and an Amazon Fire TV in the bedroom. The guide is weird, but we'll get used to it. We are on a 5 day free trial so we'll see how it goes.

Subscribed. We are on local cable since we moved. Dropped Dish then because of the same reasons. The cable service has never been great and since they were bought out by Spectrum the price has been creeping up so will be interested in your experience.

I've been "sampling" the streaming services since the Airbnb I'm at for 2 months doesn't have a tv.

The dsl connection is terrible so I'm getting a good taste of what it's like with the worst connection possible ( how about 12.82Mbps down and .75 up for stone age!).

So far, I've just done the free week of Sling blue and now I'm on the $35 plan with DirectTV Now. 

DirectTV Now is very good so far. Even though they don't have the kind of backlog that's good for binger's like me, the networks allow you to watch their libraries by logging in as a DirectTV Now member. 

Tomorrow I'll start checking out Vue.

BTW, I made the mistake of buying a new piano sample library since it was on sale.

The download was about 20G. 

Thank god the company has a nice download manager since the download got interrupted 3 times.

• Like 2

Eleanor and the kids are away, so I've been building a brutal recording desk. All rough 1x6 lumber, logged and milled here on the farm and exposed to the weather for way too long. When I move it downstairs I'll put the keyboard on a tray under the desktop. I think the monitor risers might be too high but aside from that I'm really happy with how it's turning out.f1bb93d426a23bbc8d71c6f45a4807fc.jpg

• Like 17

I love the idea of reusing lumber or furniture for an audio desk. It's always there to remind me that character is important.

I design my monitor supports to be lower than I need.

Easier to adjust up than down (and I aways dream that bigger monitors are just around the corner).

• Like 3

9 hours ago, swt61 said:

How did they end? 

On a plane to London, which is how it was always going to end (vacation fling, and all, and London was the next leg of her summer vacation), but let's just say that three weeks was plenty of time for personality issues to crop up, especially when you are spending all your time together.  Now I'm stuck deciding whether I should spend $35 to send the stuff she accidentally left here back home.  I probably will.  Still, even with the strife, I don't regret it.  The first two weeks were lots of fun.

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 2

The first month is always about determining compatibility. So at least in that regard you successfully found the answer to that. Glad that you can look at it as an adventure of a type.

I don't really believe that there is a certain person for everyone but I do believe that there are many people out there that we can live a fulfilling life with. Some more fulfilling than others. I think it's all about how you read the many clues that inevitably creep through the mask. And determine whether you can live with what you learn.

All of this advice comes from one who has never had a successful relationship and as such should be taken with a giant grain of salt.

• Like 6