And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Just came home to a surprisingly happy and grateful pair of teenagers. Got the girls to come down to the car under the guise of helping us with groceries. Got them an iMac and an LG E6 for the living room. Was half expecting them to roll their eyes and go back to their phones but they actually seem excited and are asking for help with setting the stuff up. I feel happy. And satisfied.

• Like 1

The LG E6 purchase did not go as planned. While a great deal, it was on a floor model and when we brought it home, it had some really nasty burn in/image retention. Went back to Best Buy and spoke with the manager who very kindly offered a heavy discount on a new in box B7. Just set it up and it is quite nice :) Happy again. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, crappyjones123 said:

The LG E6 purchase did not go as planned. While a great deal, it was on a floor model and when we brought it home, it had some really nasty burn in/image retention. Went back to Best Buy and spoke with the manager who very kindly offered a heavy discount on a new in box B7. Just set it up and it is quite nice :) Happy again. 

An hour of random pattern would probably have cleared up the image retention, but I believe the B7 is an upgrade, so fist-bump. 

Edited by EdipisReks1

Went out to Guerneville for lunch and a sedate paddle on the Russian River. It was the last day of "Lazy Bear Week" and there were still plenty of strapping, hirsute gentlemen in evidence and drinking bellinis at the Big Bottom Market. (Though I assume many of them are actually big tops.)

• Like 1

Didn't get the job.  I was brought in last week for a first in-person interview, and they hired somebody yesterday, so I'd say that they already had somebody chosen, and were just wasting everybody's (theirs and mine) time due to organizational rules.  This would have been an exceptional fit, and I honestly thought the phone call was going to be setting up an interview for the next round.

• Sad 4