And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

It pays to be patient with such things. At least in my case it did...good luck with the next one :)

Our offer on an apartment was accepted and a signed contract was returned earlier today. Now comes the process of applying for the mortgage which I am really really looking forward to...Have already had three different loan officers try to pull the "this math is very hard - let's move on" card. They didn't like their inaccuracies creative liberties being pointed out. 

• Like 3

On 8/9/2017 at 6:18 PM, crappyjones123 said:

It pays to be patient with such things. At least in my case it did...good luck with the next one :)

Our offer on an apartment was accepted and a signed contract was returned earlier today. Now comes the process of applying for the mortgage which I am really really looking forward to...Have already had three different loan officers try to pull the "this math is very hard - let's move on" card. They didn't like their inaccuracies creative liberties being pointed out. 

Did any of the math involve the number 2? Because that can be extra hard.

• Like 1

HOLY SHIT! Where have you been dude? It's been a long time...welcome back :)

The inspection today went without a hitch. The report points out things so minor that they were included as issues since there really weren't any. In an even more pleasant surprise, my parents very generously offered to loan us an extremely large sum of money so that we could avoid the hassles of going through a mortgage and just buy the condo outright. By some very conservative measures we should be able to pay them back in about 2.5 years which not only saves us a lot of money in closing costs but more importantly saves me the time and headache of telling the bank where a $24 deposit came from 3 months ago. The downside it that we are about 8-10k short of the contract price between our salaries before the closing date, all the cash we have saved up and what my parents are offering. Now comes the fun part of flipping over cushions to find change and hoping for a lot more cushions than we have. 

• Like 3

I already knew I was old but my back is busted from pulling wall to wall weeds out of our 25' x 25' artificial lawn in SF, plus pulling down a disgusting mat of a vine covered with creepy nodules coming over the fence from our neighbor's yard. Beer and ibuprofen incoming. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, swt61 said:

Nate that's awesome! Standard 2x6 decking or are you going composite?

Definitely going composite.  There are now products that are only ~2.5x the cost of wood, with zero maintenance required for 25 years or so.  I like the sound of that.  

17 minutes ago, Voltron said:

I already knew I was old but my back is busted from pulling wall to wall weeds out of our 25' x 25' artificial lawn in SF, plus pulling down a disgusting mat of a vine covered with creepy nodules coming over the fence from our neighbor's yard. Beer and ibuprofen incoming. 

Amen, Al, amen.  

• Like 4

We buried my father in law today.  Very sad day.

He was just shy of 90 years old.  They found a small spot in his lung about two months ago.  After radiation treatment, he deteriorated very quickly.

Lots of good memories to keep with us.

• Sad 7