And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Sorry for your loss Kerry, and all of the above. Losing a parent or in-law parent is tough.

And Jacob, just saw this about the job today. Sorry, you can only control what you can control... I would agree that is sounds like they already had a decision and were going thru the motions in interviewing others. Hang in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On a lighter and less important note:

Yesterday I put back together a door frame that had been ripped apart when a visitor of ours tried to close a screen door that was locked open. :palm:

The day before that I managed to fix the CD drawer on my Linn Classik that has been broken for years. All it was was a simple loose rubber belt internal to the mechanism. Some belt conditioner fixed it right up. Very glad because it seemed to be a custom transport. Yay for working beloved electronics and saving money. 

• Like 9

^ Hey dickweed, it's people like you that are puttin' people like me outa business! Put down the hammer, put down the screwdriver and leave that to the professionals! :P

P.S.      Nate's deck is outa square. I can see it from the pictures!

• Like 3

I got routine blood test results.  My triglyceride levels were 489 mg/dl, right before I became a vegetarian.  Two years later, it's at 160.  Still a little higher than I'd like (high triglyceride levels run in the family; for instance, my mother weighs a hundred and twenty pounds and has as pretty low calorie diet, but has a triglyceride level over three hundred, despite statins), but I think that's a pretty darned good result.  Everything else in the lipid panel were squarely in the "normal" zone.  Fasting blood sugar is under 100 (everybody on both sides of my family over the age of 30 has diabetes except for me and my mother, so I think this is a triumph!), my resting pulse has fallen under 75 (again, still higher than I want, but it was over 100 two years ago).  Blood pressure has been good despite reducing the amount of medication I take.  I think I'm doing pretty darned well. 

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 2