And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

^ I would happily lose to that guy.

I played music at a local festival on Friday, and stayed all weekend for the partying and free food. My kids had a pretty good time despite it being really hot, and I discovered a local hurdy gurdy player who might want to put together some kind of music project with me. I'm currently really exhausted. I hope nobody comes into the office wanting to fight today, but I suspect that's not a reasonable hope.

Edited by acidbasement
  • Like 3

Was pleasantly surprised to find out I was the only hire given an office (corner one to boot) to myself. Other folks were given larger rooms with better views but have to share the space with other new professors. Between all the meetings over the last 6 days, I finally had a chance to sit in a room that was a real office of my own - I had one in grad school but that doesn't really count. I get to have business cards with my name on them. I get to have my name next to the door outside. As silly as it sounds, it was those things I secretly have been chasing and wishing for all my life. 

Today, I officially started/continued my journey in academia as an associate professor of mathematics and an assistant professor of medicine as a dual appointment. My work schedule for the fall semester is close to 100+ hours a week between all the obligations but man am I looking forward to it all. Can't remember the last time I was ever this excited. 

I'm beyond exhausted from moving into the new space in 96 F weather but I'm happy. Today was a good day. Even my mom asking when I was going to get an MBA didn't ruin my mood :P 

I think I'm done with school. At least for a little while.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Pars said:

And am I the only one here who thinks that MBAs are overrated?

I'd have a hard time arguing, being the holder of a good one. 

What did I do today?  There is a new Massdrop drop, if anybody here wants a Pico Slim or DAC/Amp, but also I set up a date with a professor at my alma mater whom I've been flirting with for four months (she's finally back in town, now that school has started again).  I guess this has been the long-game.  We'll either get along or hate each other, but I'm looking forward to finding out on Thursday night. 

Edited by EdipisReks1