And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Steve and I cut a window out of the wall today so I can put in a ~12" deep medicine cabinet. In the process, we got a good look at the structure of the wall which is steel lath, about an inch of concrete, and then some plaster. Overall, a very messy experience. The wall ate my oscillating tool, but we got through with an angle grinder. The first pic shows the tile, and the wall before the cut (that's the existing hole from the old cabinet) the second is the piece we removed.

wall.thumb.jpg.93c5410c3df15fe8ad862fbdb218bbd8.jpg

59c9ceb194952_wallpiece.thumb.jpg.ec2639884d56c8405eeabb82b776cc81.jpg

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

It's not what I did, but what others are doing for me. I just found out that Al is at my new apartment, setting it all up for my arrival. That is so touching and so very cool! I seem to be alternating between grinning like an idiot and tearing up like a little kid. It's been like that since it all became real a few weeks back. I hope that I'm able to express how in awe I am at what everyone has done for me! You people have my heart always! This is the best group of people I've ever known!

Head-Case Strong, Head-Case Proud!

• Like 17

15 minutes ago, swt61 said:

It's not what I did, but what others are doing for me. I just found out that Al is at my new apartment, setting it all up for my arrival. That is so touching and so very cool! I seem to be alternating between grinning like an idiot and tearing up like a little kid. It's been like that since it all became real a few weeks back. I hope that I'm able to express how in awe I am at what everyone has done for me! You people have my heart always! This is the best group of people I've ever known!

Defender of the universe and a gentleman. What a guy!

• Like 6

2 hours ago, swt61 said:

Where are you moving Steve?

I'm moving back to Fairfax, where I'll be working as a project manager for a remodeling company. All thanks to Al's tireless brush beating. He also found me the cutest In-Law apartment as well. It's not only really nice, an easy walk to Al's or downtown Fairfax, but it's also quite a bargain for the area. And they love dogs!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, swt61 said:

I'm moving back to Fairfax, where I'll be working as a project manager for a remodeling company. All thanks to Al's tireless brush beating. He also found me the cutest In-Law apartment as well. It's not only really nice, an easy walk to Al's or downtown Fairfax, but it's also quite a bargain for the area. And they love dogs!

Nice, it seems like there must be tons of high end remodeling in that market.  Al has awesome powers, luckily he uses them for the good.

When do you move?  Do you need anything for the new job/house?

• Like 2

Most of their work is in the city, in the Castro. I mentioned that I was gay during the phone interview, and he laughed and said that he would benefit from that, as gay customers would feel more comfortable with a gay project manager. Just a little different than the Corpus Christi area. ;)

I'm driving out on Oct. 26th. I think it's all covered. The apartment decor is a surprise, so not sure what's what, but I'm sure it's going to be awesome! I managed to save most of my tools by taking them with me when I fled Harvey.

• Like 5