And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Heh, I typically tell clients that if a situation seems too good to be true, to be very suspicious, but since it is an Al thing I guess we will give him the benefit of the doubt but watch him closely.

Edited by VPI
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Spent all day today taking out tile with a jackhammer and removing popcorn ceiling. It looked so easy on YouTube :(

The tiles look great Doug, Steve. It is hard work. 

The lady on the second floor came up 5 minutes after I started and demanded to see the approval letter from the HOA. I showed it to her. She ripped it up and said I needed to go back and get another one. Then proceeded to ask me for identification and proof of citizenship. I told her to go buzz off. Police arrived. I told them what happened and showed them the ripped up letter. They told me to go back to taking up the tile. The next door neighbors arrived around 9pm and said she is a nightmare to deal with but her brother is the HOA treasurer so she gets away with this bullshit. Jackhammering shall resume promptly at 6am tomorrow. Next door neighbors left for the day and she is the only one on the floor below. 

• Like 3

I managed to save most of my tools by taking them with me when I fled Harvey.

Heh, if you do drop by, I still could use a lesson is routing flush the hardwood veneers on the corner horns... well that and a router. I have been wanting to start building the grills, but can’t do that until things are nice and flush around the openings.

I became officially non-single, again, today.  I had been worried that I wouldn't have somebody to go to my favorite pumpkin patch (the one next to the semi-abandoned amusement park, which is perfect for Halloween) with.  Once again, I prove that I can talk nearly anybody into anything, even semi-abandoned amusement park adjacent pumpkin pickings.  I'm very happy.

Oh, wow: I just realized that I'm primarily vegan.  Wow.

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 6

I have to say Reks, I enjoyed a mostly vegetarian diet during my stay with Doug and Erica. Due to both of them being very good cooks, I thoroughly enjoyed the meals! Don't tell Stretch or Al, but I could easily gravitate toward that. Although I'd have to include some fish, as did Doug and Erica.

• Like 1

Awoke to a pervasive smell of smoke, and sky’s that were clear blue yesterday, now a hazy grey.

Marin County Fire, Marin County AGENCY

Marin County is experiencing heavy drift smoke from several large fires from Sonoma and Napa. Residents and visitors will smell smoke. Red Flag fire conditions are in effect for Marin County. High Fire Danger is expected throughout this weekend. Call 911 only if you see a fire or a visible building column of smoke.

Live updates ...

https://mobile.twitter.com/nwsbayarea

The horror for stretch (and others)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah, we are covered in drifting ash up here. It's a bit nerve-wracking to wake up at night to so much smoke and not know whether the source is local. I went around the perimeter at 3:00 am looking for fire glow, couldn't see any so went back to bed. It's very, very dry everywhere ...

Had the same experience in the Santa Cruz mountains. When living in the mountains, smelling smoke in the early morning definitely gets you worried. I had no idea it was coming from way up north. I spent a large chunk of my childhood living in Napa, and I've never seen that many fires happen at once. 

Same thing here, woke up way too early thinking my apartment was on fire and I had left the stove on.

Most homes out here don't have AC, so I have my windows open when I sleep. When the sun came up I could see my living room is covered in ash. Pretty crazy.

Edited by TMoney

https://mobile.twitter.com/Weather_West/status/917420404611751936

https://mobile.twitter.com/Weather_West/status/917420404611751936/photo/1

DLtU-tbUEAAenFy?format=jpg

You can make out the south end of the sf bay , and Monterey bay  on the coast.

North Bay , SF peninsula covered in smoke.

elevation map, for comparison

7_20-49.jpg

Edited by Grahame
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Very sad indeed and a lot more wineries are at risk even if they dodge the fires no telling how next years crop may be affected.  Stay safe my Bay Area friends, I am worrying about you all day long.

If you have not already done so please formulate an exit plan just in case.

• Like 2

We stayed in SF and both woke up with a strong smell of smoke. Checked online if the park was burning but found out about the first Napa fire. The kitchen surfaces were all covered with ash because the wind was blowing so hard it was coming in through a vent over the stove. Creepy and devastating for so many. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hopstretch said:

Fire has already destroyed a bunch of great wineries — Darioush, Chimney Rock, James Cole, Reynolds, William Hill and Signorello have all gone up in flames. Absolute tragedy for the region and the industry.

emoji853.png

Do you have a source for this, Andrew? I've heard only Signorello has had serious damage so far and that the others are just "threatened."

http://www.winespectator.com/webfeature/show/id/Massive-Wildfires-Devastate-Parts-of-Napa-and-Sonoma+County