And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

One of the reports I read said there were wind gusts up to 75 mph!

I was shocked that a major metro area like Santa Rosa could be affected by a forest fire until I read that. 

Wind like that overcomes normal fire breaks like freeways and sparsely forested neighborhoods. 

It also makes firefighters jobs impossible.

Holy fuck, Mikey!  Is that melted metal, or some other fluid that leaked (EDIT: I see Grahame had similar thoughts as me)?  Unbelievable how many disasters and how much damage is happening these days.  We have seriously pissed off Mother Nature!

Edited by skullguise

Nine deaths from the fires known so far. It will rise as they get back into affected areas. 

10 minutes ago, skullguise said:

Holy fuck, Mikey!  Is that melted metal, or some other fluid that leaked (EDIT: I see Grahame had similar thoughts as me)?  Unbelievable how many disasters and how much damage is happening these days.  We have seriously pissed of Mother Nature!

Aluminum wheels melted down. Now there's a chance people are going to go in to try to salvage/steal metals and other things from the ravaged neighborhoods. 

re: melted wheels / rims

Melting point of Al (the element, not our beloved DOTU)

Aluminum 660°C 1220°F

https://jalopnik.com/the-tennessee-wildfires-are-so-hot-theyre-melting-car-w-1789542112

no doubt more images will surface

Some here from local news(paper)

Devastation of local residential and commercial areas is heartbreaking. 

http://www.sonomanews.com/topics/?t=OCTOBER_FIRE

No respite, tomorrow.

DLu5fzHU8AAcCWs?format=jpg

This seems a bit too familiar, but we're out of the worst of it thankfully

DLuvtY7X4AID0vh?format=jpg

and now .. Closing in?

cur_aqi_sanfrancisco_ca.jpg

latest updates here : https://airnow.gov/index.cfm?action=airnow.local_city&mapcenter=0&cityid=314

Edited by Grahame

Do you have a source for this, Andrew? I've heard only Signorello has had serious damage so far and that the others are just "threatened."
http://www.winespectator.com/webfeature/show/id/Massive-Wildfires-Devastate-Parts-of-Napa-and-Sonoma+County

There was a FB thread with the winemakers/employees of the estates going back and forth last night and this morning. Obviously a lot of confusion — let’s hope for the least worst outcome!
  • Sad 1

Fuck. That is devastating. I'm so sorry guys

I learnt that I cannot get US visa any more. I wanted to join you guys in 2018 meetings. I really feel sorry about it.

As return we stopped giving visa to USA citizens. That made me laugh.

And I got my pre and power amplifiers today:

IMG_20171010_221452583.thumb.jpg.25e06a739d69d31e56983be290be7f27.jpg

And speakers are on their way:

IMG-20171010-WA0005.thumb.jpg.f430d3318e9abedc0a83d1f290638776.jpg

Edited by Sechtdamon
  • Like 3
  • Sad 2

Talked to the guy who oversaw the first (legal) cannabis warehouse in Alaska for about half an hour, and about halfway through the local main weed dealer did a giant wheelie on his bike across the main boulevard (he's untouchable, including by cops). Life works in mysterious ways. 

edit: also, stay safe Cali

Edited by mypasswordis