And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

49 minutes ago, Sechtdamon said:

I reallt envy you. In Istanbul there is no chance to have this sight. Even if one rich as fuck...

I live out in the (somewhat) middle of nowhere.  Other than the country store, which has some essentials, it's 10-15 minutes to get to just about anything.  It's like where I grew up, which is nice, and was affordable when we bought here 11 years ago.  Now I'm not sure we could afford to live here, which is pretty insane.  

25 minutes ago, ironbut said:

I grew up in rural Georgia where land was cheap and plentiful.

At that time all I could see was hours on a riding mower!

Now, I can't help but envy Nate and family as well.

BTW, looks like a solid job there!

I hear you about the mowing, it can be a drag at times.  I'm trying to get a bigger mower for next year to speed things up a bit.  And thanks, the deck is definitely solid but I'd rather over-build than under-build.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, n_maher said:

I live out in the (somewhat) middle of nowhere.  Other than the country store, which has some essentials, it's 10-15 minutes to get to just about anything.  It's like where I grew up, which is nice, and was affordable when we bought here 11 years ago.  Now I'm not sure we could afford to live here, which is pretty insane.  

I hear you about the mowing, it can be a drag at times.  I'm trying to get a bigger mower for next year to speed things up a bit.  And thanks, the deck is definitely solid but I'd rather over-build than under-build.

Henry David Thoreau is a guy i admire most. And this book describes my dream (with little changes)1511569133386211558432.thumb.jpg.6387b2726d807d0f69225fff3178b3bd.jpg

Edited by Sechtdamon
Empty post
  • Like 2

Built ikea furniture. Installed this by myself today. Was a royal pain in the ass. Metal studs and toggle bolts are no fun. Came out looking quite nice though. Finished tile and paint on the place a while back. Thought about doing the kitchen next but thankfully time and money have both run out. The tv mounts go up tomorrow. Everything needs to be done by the end of the month as Julie and the kids need to be able to move in there :( might need to hire someone to help for the next couple of days. 

D3B1EAB0-C018-4DC1-89D0-5B0B1D107F73.jpeg

• Like 5

So yesterday and today involved replacing three ceiling fans and running some Cat-6 cable to get my NAS up and running. The fans in the kitchen and family room were fine except they were dated. The fan on the screened in porch was another story. First, the previous owner decided it was OK to put up an indoor fan even though this is Florida and there is a hot tub on the porch, so higher than desert level humidity. It was basically falling apart as I was taking it down. Then as I was disconnecting the wires I discovered that he never connected the fan and mount ground wires to the house wiring ground. What a dufus. Anyway, the new fan is an outdoor model and is now properly grounded. As we replace things it is clear that the former owner liked to cut corners. Let the adventure continue.

Edited by morphsci
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Well thats 2:10 I won't get back ...

and it took 3 people to write it.

Lyrics
Gucci Gang, ooh, yeah, Lil Pump, yeah, Gucci Gang, ooh
Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang
Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang (Gucci gang!)
Spend ten racks on a new chain
My bitch love do cocaine, ooh
I fuck a bitch, I forgot her name
I can't buy a bitch no wedding ring
Rather go and buy Balmains
I fuck a bitch, I forgot her name, yeah
I can't buy no bitch no wedding ring
Rather go and buy Balmains, aye
Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang
My lean cost more than your rent, ooh
Your mama still live in a tent, yeah
Still slanging dope in the jets, huh
Me and my grandma take meds, ooh
None of this shit be new to me
Fucking my teacher, call it tutory
Bought some red bottoms, cost hella Gs
Fuck your airline, fuck your company
Bitch, your breath smell like some cigarettes
I'd rather fuck a bitch from the projects
They kicked me out the plane off a Percocet
Now Lil Pump fly a private jet
Everybody screaming "fuck West Jet!"
Lil Pump still sell that meth
Hunnid on my wrist sippin on Tech
Fuck a lil bitch, make her pussy wet
I can't buy a bitch no wedding ring
Rather go and buy Balmains
I can't buy no bitch no wedding ring
Rather go and buy Balmains, aye
Gucci gang, Gucci gang, Gucci gang
Lil Pump, yeah, Lil Pump, ooh
Songwriters: Gazzy Garcia / Brenden Murray / Nealy Gerrell Giovani
Gucci Gang lyrics © The Administration MP, Inc

You Might be right, though.
Adolescent music preferences have been linked to problem behavior in cross-sectional studies. Particularly, preferences for loud, rebellious, and so-called “deviant” music predict externalizing problem behavior, such as minor delinquency and substance abuse.
  • Confused 1

I thought my dog Suzy was just a bit out of sorts since the move to California. She peed in Al's house not long after arriving, then again in Stretch's house, once in my house and last night again in Al's house. This is way out of character for her! I thought it might be her way of telling me that I'm away from home too long now, as the workday is longer. Or I thought she was just discombobulated from all the recent changes. I noticed that she's been taking longer to pee, and possibly straining at the last. So today I looked up UTI symptoms for dogs and it all looked as though that may be the issue. I was able to get a vet. appt. last minute and took her in. She definitely has a UTI, but the cause was a shock. It seems she has giant stones in her tiny bladder that are taking up about half of her bladder. Way too big to pass naturally, so she is scheduled for surgery Tuesday. ATM she's on antibiotics for the UTI and pain meds for discomfort.

Now I'm really feeling lousy for not diagnosing this earlier. Fingers crossed for a great surgery outcome!

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

Poor Suzy!

Well, even though Dad can't speak dog, it sounds like Suzy knows how to get his attention.

Seriously though, it sounds like something that happened so gradually neither one of you could have realized how serious it had gotten.

I'm sure it'll be like a new lease on life once she recovers from surgery.

Best thoughts coming her way!

• Like 1

Yeah, I like this Dr. and I'm sure she's going to be just fine. I'm just so happy that it's not something that can't be fixed! 

Thanks for all the well wishes guys! And Naaman, tell Jodi thanks, it makes me feel better hearing that from another Dr.!

• Like 2