And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Installed a Nest E.

I had to relocate where the wire came out of the wall, patch/clean up the drywall and paint before it could go in. That said, it was a very easy install. I definitely prefer the clean look to the original Nest... It fits in well with the white in-wall speakers and wood work and is more subtle/less techy looking.

d93e943f67a93d36c9adb4bcd1f7deb9.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, en480c4 said:

Installed a Nest E.

I had to relocate where the wire came out of the wall, patch/clean up the drywall and paint before it could go in. That said, it was a very easy install. I definitely prefer the clean look to the original Nest... It fits in well with the white in-wall speakers and wood work and is more subtle/less techy looking.

d93e943f67a93d36c9adb4bcd1f7deb9.jpg

Nicely done!

Whole city (and University) was shut down because of freezing rain - this is the coldest/wettest weather I’ve experience in my 17 years in Houston. We had a job candidate here that I was in charge of. I managed to find a way for the interviews to happen and a place to eat lunch and dinner but it wasn’t easy. It was like a ghost town (which is better than every out driving around and getting into accidents).

• Like 1

So, I did lots of things today, but the thing that really stood out was my going "what the fuck?"  One of my speakers was off its base.  It happens to be the speaker that is next to where the cats get catnip.  Could cats really move a 70+ pound speaker?  I know that it isn't that hard to move, given that it's on spikes on a polished granite (I've knocked it off the base a couple times myself), but really?  Cats?  I'm 99.99% sure that no human touched the speaker today, until I put it back where it belonged.  Speaker undamaged, but really.  Cats?  Cats.

CATS!!

• Confused 1

Nope. They are claiming to have delivered them. But I am skeptical as I was home, and it seems highly unlikely that in the 20 minutes between delivery and my checking that someone, in broad daylight, in front of a busy elementary school, picked up three large boxes containing 50lbs of steel plates* and walked off.

The overnight was from Mouser. UPS rescheduled for Monday, but Mouser seems to have stepped in to move it up to Saturday.

* I'm taking a welding class!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Craig Sawyers said:

Shit - we were in London today, to (a) The Cezanne Exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery (b) eat lunch and (c) go to a first rate play with Juliet Stevenson. But we only live an hour away.

Seriously - if you are in the UK and have some spare time - come visit. Near Oxford.

Thanks, Craig! Next time for sure. We have an office in London now, so it was an easy stop over for a couple of days. On my way to Monte Carlo in the morning for more meetings on Monday and Tuesday. The human circus was quite good. They could all be Olympic athletes.