And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Spiral fractures from slipping on ice last week - one near bottom of tibia, the other at top of fibula:

Cast.jpg.36d0ef8d90b43677c4511e23bd604ff8.jpg

Now have a plate & screws inside anchoring everything for healing.

I have a feeling my leg looks a little like Colin's underneath the cast, just not as "pretty" :P 

• Like 1
  • Sad 12

3 hours ago, Aura said:

time to upgrade the padding, colin sir.

go get some of those biscuits and gravy as part of your recovery plan.

Shin pads probably would have let me walk away relatively unscathed, and would be relatively unencumbering to wear.  That said, it isn't really a spot that is overly prone to taking hits, so maybe just when I'm planning sketchier stuff.

12 minutes ago, jpelg said:

Spiral fractures from slipping on ice last week - one near bottom of tibia, the other at top of fibula:

I have a feeling my leg looks a little like Colin's underneath the cast, just not as "pretty" :P 

Ugh you win.  Your prize is pretty much the worst.  Heal quickly.

9 minutes ago, Dusty Chalk said:

I’m at the doctor, too, checking if foot is borked.

And yes, it’s the left foot, too.

Curses, something seems to be afoot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Friday was national pizza day not biscuit day Brent, damn you really went overboard on this one! I had a fender bender on Friday, so the biscuit force is strong, no injuries, just annoying. Will probably have to change front bumper and side panel.

Heal well all injured, very sorry to hear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to all injured HCers, and glad you didn't get injured in the fender bender CD44hi!

I guess I am at home for a week or so following a strange week and sucky weekend in the hospital. It started out with me noticing double vision when looking left. Woke up on Saturday with double vision everywhere. Went to urgent care, who ran a CT scan which showed nothing. Then to the hospital where I spent Saturday and most of Sunday. Full head MRI there, again, clean. Diagnosed as 3rd cranial nerve palsy by neurologist, confirmed by ophthalmologist today. Should take care of itself in a couple of weeks, maybe less. I guess at my age, what they find in the scans, etc. could always be bad, so counting my blessings there.

Heal up HC!

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, jpelg said:

Cast.jpg.36d0ef8d90b43677c4511e23bd604ff8.jpg

That's looks familiar.  I got the ankle and the midpoint of the tibia, too.  I hope you heal well and fast!

• Like 3