And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Mentally and physically exhausted after clearing out and cleaning my old apartment.

There is definitely something about packing each and every one of your worldly possessions that gets the emotions going. You wonder things like "how the hell did I ever acquire so much shit?" and "how the hell did all this shit ever fit in that tiny apartment?", but it also gives and opportunity to reflect on how you got to where you are and on all the family, friends, enemies and acquaintances who have been a part of your journey along the way.

In any case, time to crack the good tequila, get drunk, and sleep for at least 10-12 hours.

• Like 14

Filed my 2017 taxes and remember that I really screwed myself by forgetting to pay my property taxes until January of 2018.  This is especially bad since they change the 2018 so that you are limited to deducting $10K on your taxes (and my 2018 property taxes are already going to be around $18K).  FML. 

• Sad 4

Filed my 2017 taxes and remember that I really screwed myself by forgetting to pay my property taxes until January of 2018.  This is especially bad since they change the 2018 so that you are limited to deducting $10K on your taxes (and my 2018 property taxes are already going to be around $18K).  FML. 

Looks like you need to start claiming your home as partial business use. Maybe an ultra exclusive gym with one member? :)
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Refurbished my Ruger 10/22

8FD086DB-C94E-4A20-A82E-531882890DF1.thumb.jpeg.6c2fa603ec06154cdd4e6502279e7b01.jpeg

Ruger BX Trigger, extended magazine release, skeletonized charging handle, Tactical Solutions threaded and fluted bull barrel, Hogue overmolded rubber thumbhole stock, picatinny optic mount, Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 3-9x BDC scope. I think it came out pretty nice. I should have taken a before picture.

• Like 8

Conditions were pretty epic today. Rained most of yesterday. Plus all am until 9 then the sun came out. I went out at 1 pm, dirt was perfect and mid 50s plus a very strong wind meant that after warm up I hit the slow technical stuff for 3 hours and hardly went through my water! Late October through April is my favorite time of the year in the Sierras.

BHSE always delivers when I get home, thanks Spritzer. 

Plan is the same for tomorrow.

• Like 2

Killer today too, most of the creaks/streams are dry, almost all the terrain on the west side of the valley is rideable again. 

Kids passed out early, BHSE and vodka is a winning combination for me.

Low call tomorrow and the in-laws want the grand kids, so it looks like another hard day of dirtbking followed by music and drinking for me!

20180408_151723.jpg

20180408_151641.jpg

• Like 3

Second day in Sydney, lovely city this is.  We're very close to the Harbor....when we got here, we took a walk down to the harbor and looked through a nice local market at an area called the Rocks.  Got some absolutely amazing licorice there, the maker is a fucking genius at bringing some of the most unexpected ingredients together to make a delicious treat.  Then got a distant pic of the Opera House (we'll tour it later), but some big-ass thing was in the way.

Today, we did a hop-on-hop-off tour of the city, stopped in a few places including Bondi Beach, Chinatown, several market areas, and then I walked back to the hotel while Karen is still shopping :)

Lot of walking, but enjoying this a lot!

Licorice.JPG

Sydney Opera House 1.JPG

Sydney Opera House 2.JPG

Bondi Beach 1.JPG

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Moved to a new house yesterday. Rented a pickup truck since my stuff isn't a lot to justify a moving lorry service. I got some glass paneled TV rack so instead of covering the stuff with the tarp we used it to wrap the glass panels. Fucking bad decision. It rained like a motherfucker for around 10 minutes and although we managed to cover them with blankets and towels they were already wet. The blankets and towels helped a bit to channel and absorb the rain but, fuck man. What's done is done.

Now laid out and leaving the electronics to dry. Speaker cabinets swelled. No fucking good at all.

Most electronics were inside the passenger area, but the ones that were outside took some moisture. I'm just glad my Elac B5 has their original box, it kept them dry.

Fucking, rain, man.

1523802800361.jpg

1523802805542.jpg

IMG_20180415_215142.jpg

IMG_20180415_215537_468.jpg

IMG_20180415_224536_509.jpg

IMG_20180415_224536_510.jpg

• Sad 3

• 3 weeks later...