And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

• 2 weeks later...

Hey my good Sirs!

I've been absent for a long time again w/o saying anything. Sorry about that.

So... Not all the things happened today but,

I got a really good job offer from a chemical company from my home town. I quit the job. I'm moving back to my hometown earlier than expected, in early june.

My boss asker me to quit early even if i told them I'm going to quit at early august but, they are covering rent of 2 months. So all is ok.

At last I'm getting away from here.

Moar Cat photos and recipes are coming soon!

@Dusty Chalk can i get my title back, my good sir?

• Like 4

Walk of shame.  2.4 miles to get my car abandoned last night due to too drunk to drive in about an hour, all uphill.  :)  No hangover today, though, so I had that going for me.

If you've seen me post those enormous margaritas at El Paso, those are the mediums.  I had a large last night.  It was almost large enough to swim in!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

So you traded half a thyroid for a retail space?  I thought they only took kidneys?

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Finished waxing our patio teak furniture for the Saturday fencing coach wine dinner we will be hosting. Also took a run to my locker to pick up some epic cabernets and port for the coaches.  When we go to Italy for the second week of training with the coaches they are going to take us to the Marche wine region to visit one of their friends who makes some of the wine I have been enjoying here.  Fencing and wine=win!

Edited by Augsburger
  • Like 3

I have what seems to be 1cm malignant (well, testing hasn't been definitive, but my mother had thyroid cancer, and the cells are quite abnormal, so they figure it's either early stages of being malignant or will become malignant) tumor.  It got caught super early, and I'll get to keep half of it (the thyroid, not the tumor). It will be outpatient, in late August (they really aren't concerned, right?), and I'll just be down for a couple days.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

Oh, I guess I forgot to say: I'm now the Associate Director of Retail Operations and director of the Miami University campus stores. Technically I'm interim, but that is due to the way internal promotions work here, and shouldn't last more than a few months (at which point I'll actually get the pay level at which I'm working).  Anyway, the latter title puts me in charge of the "bookstore," and its multiple satellites and external stores, which is a big thing in and of itself, and the former makes me operations director of all kinds of retail locations, including retail foods, many of which don't even exist yet, and which are going to be a real test. I've never supervised hundreds of people, including managers (I'm getting used to now being a "big boss," for large swathes of people).  

I think I'm doing an okay job.  I'm extremely hands on by nature (though the antithesis of a micro-manager, as I trust people until they give me reason not to), and I'm having to get used to not necessarily touching the things I own. I trust my boss implicitly, and I'm being allowed to put together a sub-management team that I trust.

Miami University is exhausting, by its very nature, and I work long hours, an hour away from where I live (that is changing come early August; it'll be 35 minutes away), but I really love it.  

So, any given day I'm doing all of that.  I get to dress however I like, which is rather well.  I got in 20,000 steps at work, today, in dress shoes.  That's more than usual, but 15,000 steps at work is typical.  It really works out well for me, in a lot of ways.

Miami is getting the best of me.  Every day, my energy and time go there.  I'm afraid that my family is getting the worst, but I'm doing my best.

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 9