And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

12 hours ago, swt61 said:

Full of libations and headphones no doubt!

Zombie apocalypse supplies.

7 hours ago, Augsburger said:

I never knew safes were electric. 

The dehumidifier and LED lights are. Plus if you get the combination wrong it sends a nice electric shock to knock you on your ass.

7 hours ago, Craig Sawyers said:

That beast is on ground floor, on concrete? I guess if it isn't, it will be, soon!

Second floor. Only weighs about 600 lbs. So even with about 200 lbs. of stuff, it comes out to a little over 148 lbs./sq. ft. Wouldn’t really want to live in a house that couldn’t support that.

You might want to looks at building regs for loading of upper floors, because I think you're exceeding them. That said, it will probably be just fine - but it might give you a problem with property insurance if you need to make a claim - which could be for anything - but insurance companies will find a way of weaseling out of paying if they can find some wriggle room.

Our house meets the highest residential hurricane standards in Florida so all the load ratings are HC class. Therefore, not worried about any structural damage from the safe. Now, if the insurance company gives us trouble, I suppose I will just have to open up the safe and go from there.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Never liked, nor been a member of, the NRA, even before they went off the deep end. However, I am adamant that if you own a firearm you need to keep it safely locked away when not in use. There is lots of other stuff locked up in there also.

• Like 1

Missed connecting with Ken while he was local but meanwhile Lance fenced the number one male fencer in the world and the number five female fencer.

Unfortunately he lost to both of them, more work to bimage.thumb.png.0e116d9f14fc639461f4acab64e5704a.pnge done. ?    I don't think any of the campers realize how lucky they are to be on the same strip fencing against the worlds best, a once in a lifetime experience.

• Like 8

I haven't been working for 10 days now. All my books are in boxes in the other house. I bought a gaming rig but it seems I'm done with gaming. Damn it is so boring...

I did some repair on shelter today. Cats used to gather at the feeding time but they are coming irregularly.

Edited by Sechtdamon

Spent a nice afternoon at my dad and stepmom's, good food & good people.  Got a rare pic of me with my two brothers and sister (officially adopted step-sister, but...sister).

I'm the one with the least hair.  Oh, and the big smiles were not due to being together, but because of FLUFFY, which Alexa found for us

(EDIT: I JUST found out, the backing band for Gloria was Psychotic Pineapple!)

SRTM.jpg

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Made me think of a bunch of years back, had just broken up with a G/F and was attracted to a lovely lady at work.  Couldn't tell how approachable she was, so I got to her by befriending her co-worker and buddy, who had some project meetings in common with me.

Long-short: lovely lady was seriously committed (she got married to him), and I made a new friend of this wonderfully-crazy-funny 40-something year old (I was about 23 at the time).  Met up with her a few times as friends after work, had a ball....  Side benefit was that I got to know the lovely lady, and she wasn't my type for personality/tastes - figures i liked the weird one!

• Like 1