And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

35 minutes ago, Craig Sawyers said:

Two or three years ago I bought a ceramic burr grinder. And either use a French press or an Aeropress. I've also got a milk frother. And oh man does that make killer coffee. Good luck on your way to coffee nirvana Dusty!  Not as expensive a fixation as audio, but distinctly addictive all the same. 

continuing like that, you soon end up wearing a beret, eating fois gras, smoking two packs of Gauloises each day and driving a Renault 4, while complaining about the englishmen ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Craig Sawyers said:

Two or three years ago I bought a ceramic burr grinder. And either use a French press or an Aeropress. I've also got a milk frother. And oh man does that make killer coffee. Good luck on your way to coffee nirvana Dusty!  Not as expensive a fixation as audio, but distinctly addictive all the same. 

Yeah, I thought about making my own lattes, but I decided I don’t care if it’s frothed or not, so I just mix it with almond milk or the like, add a little agave nectar, and it almost tastes like chocolate milk by the time I get to it.

I do think I prefer the taste of espresso over coffee, so I might start making my coffee with espresso-roasted beans.  It’ll be an adventure finding “my” coffee, but I already purchased some Intelligentsia Black Cat Project Espresso, although their El Diablo and El Gallo both sound good, and the shop I’ve been frequenting uses Counter Culture brand coffees, so I already know they’re good.

Similar coronary dish is a specialty of the Auvergne region of France called Truffade. Thin sliced potatoes, duck fat, and lots of Cantal (a local) cheese. Some recipes chuck in cream too. Basic ratio is 4lbs of potatoes and 2lbs of cheese of that particular variety.

It is absolutely delicious. And potentially lethal ?

Edited by Craig Sawyers
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Augsburger said:

Cardiologists love your post.

Everything in moderation even the not so healthy food. 

5 hours ago, Craig Sawyers said:

Similar coronary dish is a specialty of the Auvergne region of France called Truffade. Thin sliced potatoes, duck fat, and lots of Cantal (a local) cheese. Some recipes chuck in cream too. Basic ratio is 4lbs of potatoes and 2lbs of cheese of that particular variety.

It is absolutely delicious. And potentially lethal ?

That’s sounds great ! Mmmmmm

• 2 weeks later...