And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

On 10/19/2018 at 12:18 AM, Dusty Chalk said:

England. It’s all about the pubs.

And Indian restaurants. You are never more than a few miles from one. Now classes as standard British cuisine - there are 17,000 in the UK.

If they were uniformly distributed over the entire land area of the UK they would be spaced by less than 2.5 miles. But since they are in cities and towns it is not a case of "do you fancy an Indian meal tonight?" it is "Which Indian restaurant to you fancy tonight?". Our little town of Abingdon (pop 30k) has at least seven. A big city like Birmingham has hundreds.

Edited by Craig Sawyers
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Craig Sawyers said:

And Indian restaurants. You are never more than a few miles from one. Now classes as standard British cuisine - there are 17,000 in the UK.

If they were uniformly distributed over the entire land area of the UK they would be spaced by less than 2.5 miles. But since they are in cities and towns it is not a case of "do you fancy an Indian meal tonight?" it is "Which Indian restaurant to you fancy tonight?". Our little town of Abingdon (pop 30k) has at least seven. A big city like Birmingham has hundreds.

Everything I know about life as a Brit comes from Doctor Who, the Cornetto trilogy, and my imaginary friends on the Internet, of which I have surprisingly many.

I was on the Isle of Wight last week. Just off the South coast of England. I took this photo (among others). This was the site of the 1970 rock festival - the largest ever with 700,000 audience. Hendrix headlined, which attracted a who's who of rock legends (Baez, Dylan, Cohen, The Who, Miles Davis, ELP, Free, etc etc) The second photo is what it looked like from the same place in 1970

Site of 1970 rock festival.jpg

IOW original.jpg

Edited by Craig Sawyers
  • Like 6