And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

8 hours ago, Torpedo said:

IMHO that table is begging for another bench. First anniversary present? Awesome job indeed.

Thanks Antonio, and everyone else for the kind comments. The ladies wanted one bench against the wall and then chairs around the rest of the table. Could be because that is how our table is set up in Mayberry.

• Like 3

The bench and chairs combo makes perfect sense and acomodates a flexible seating arrangement.

I attempted a pre-storm ride to recover conditioning while maintaining social distancing...things did not go as planned.  Thank you National Weather Service.image.thumb.png.07ffb3790a1e5e9965a44b862e5a351c.png

• Like 5

The Speedplays were chosen for the lateral freedom while putting the hammer down on the climbs. After two ACL reconstruction surgeries I felt this was the safest choice. You can;t really see it in the low light of the pic but the dark areas show off the carbon fiber really nicely which match the CF on the handlebars, seat post and fork.  Old school but still cool me thinks.

• Like 2

Last night about 30 people in our neighborhood managed to socially-distantly gather near a neighbor's house.  The mom is a nurse, and volunteered to help in ICU with the COVID-19 patients.  Thankfully she had plenty of PPE she said, but still a risk of course.

We all cheered and clapped as she drove in the neighborhood.  Their daughter, somewhere out West, was on Facetime with her dad, and she was balling.  She's supposed to get married in early August, plans are certainly TBD now....

There are so many wonderful and amazing people in this world, and I'm thankful for them all!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm not saying that 3 weeks of quarantine has had any long term effects on me, but last night I taught myself to shave my head.  

In spite of some classic New England weather (colder today than it was last night, alternating bright sun and cold rain), I managed to get outside and continue hacking away at what I estimate is 8 years of brush growth.  I had to stop in the middle at one point because cloudburst, but I was able to get back out and work for another hour.  I may or may not have mentioned this, but I continue to be old, fat and cartoonishly out of shape. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Postponed morning bike ride due to snow.  😃 First time I can remember that we have had so many days that we can see snow on the mountains from the back yard.  Summer may prove very interesting as we have an abundance of brush growth on the hills which if we have a dry hot summer will turn into fire fuel for October.

image.thumb.png.203dd8c4916cad7acf0f968d9bfbec44.png

• Like 3

Short answer: Found out how weak I am. 
Long answer: Carried the MA770 concrete chassis speaker into a FedEx office two towns over because parking was better. Still I don’t believe I’ve ever hated handicap parking before. 

Yesterday drove around an empty Great America parking lot with Esmé as we talked about riding the still roller coasters in the future. 

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Grahame said:

^ Nice.

Gear list? Is that a light panel behind the high mounted web cam? No pop shield for the mic?

Thanks.

1.     2019 MacBook Pro 15”

2.     LG 34CB99-W monitor attached to a

3.     Wali vertical desk post and single-arm mount

4.     Logitech Brio

5.     Blue Microphones Yeticaster

6.     Godox LEDP260C Bi-Color LED Panel attached to 3 via an

7.     Impact Super Clamp + Manfrotto 143N Magic Arm

8.     Various audio devices to play incoming audio in a fairly large number of possible permutations.

No pop shield as I haven't noticed much popping in my recordings.

5 minutes ago, Voltron said:

Thanks Jim. Where do you hang the hat?

On the outside handle of the closed door of course. 

• Like 1

Made a socially distant supply run to Costco today

IMG_20200411_152654.thumb.jpg.b78a7572c5960a546c5f0da55f260816.jpg

A slightly surreal experience, the first time I've been out since the lockdown. People were socially distancing (mostly) and wearing face masks (mostly). Luckily we had some N95 masks left over from previous years fire seasons.

Supply chain seems to be back in order (mostly) with 1 18 roll TP pack available per customer. 

"No refund" signs on items that were previously panic buyer's  favourites. We managed to get some 20lb bags of brown and Jasmine rice, so that was good, and A few extra treats to make sheltering at home a bit more pleasant.

One shopper was wearing a frogs head mask, so they may not have got the memo.