And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

The road biking is very popular in Reno. We have elevation and a lot of nice places for riding. It is not for me though, I will stick to things with motors.

We actually cooled of here today and will still only be in the 70s tomorrow so back out onto the dirt bike. I don't know why I ride this trail. I wouldn't call it fun, but you do feel accomplished when you complete it.

20200530_100918.jpg

20200530_100809.jpg

20200530_100846.jpg

• Like 3

I entered a scoring competition put on by Spitfire Audio and HBO.

They made a clip (without any music) from this seasons Westworld available, I imported it into Logic and it was off to the races.

It took a couple of weeks to create my entry and win or loose, I learned a lot and enjoyed the experience.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Thanks!

I like it too but I find it easy to fall in love with stuff I put a lot of work on.

I heard that there are over 1000 entries! 

The final judging is done by J.J Abrams, Jonathan Nolan, Lisa Joy (series creator), and Ramin Djawadi. 

Edited by ironbut
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, ironbut said:

I entered a scoring competition put on by Spitfire Audio and HBO.

They made a clip (without any music) from this seasons Westworld available, I imported it into Logic and it was off to the races.

It took a couple of weeks to create my entry and win or loose, I learned a lot and enjoyed the experience.

That may just be enough to get me to watch season 3.

• Like 1

Gyms here finally opened on Monday. I had cases everyday until today so I'm finally back after 3 months. 

Peak strength is not as bad as I would have thought but rep to rep and set to set endurance is a real struggle.

Was really hoping that it would be less busy because people would be scared to come in.. Noop, so much Noop on that. Just as many as assholes in here at 1030am as pre covid. 

Now the 2 to 3 month grind to recover losses begins. 

• Like 1

I accept no responsibility for any mental anguish caused by watching season 3 of WW.

I agree with the others who panned it in the WestWorld thread. 

Nevertheless, I can't thank the folks at HBO enough for allowing the use of their property for the good of the composing community.

Edited by ironbut
  • Like 1

Over the weekend I met up with friends and had my first meal at a restaurant (outdoors) and hung out with those friends and others (also outdoors, on someone's roof deck) for the first time since March. That felt really, really good.

I hope this virus continues to fuck off and we can keep making progress in getting life back on track.

• Like 6

Well, actually Sunday & yesterday...in order:

1. Fired my lawn-cutting guy
  2. Mowed & trimmed my own lawn for the first time in 4 years
  3. Realized how grossly out-of-shape I am

The good news are:

• My push-mover fired up on the first try
  • Since I'm still working from home, I can split the lawn-cutting tasks across at least two days to create a built-in lunchtime exercise activity
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the evening trying to figure out why my mom's car died in the middle of her driving it. I managed to track it down to the fuel pump, which was so much fun to actually replace, but it got the car running again. :mikey2:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Electric fuel pump. Fortunately I didn't have to drop the tank, but I did have to take out the entire back seat and trunk liner, then work through an access hole that some galaxy brain at GM made about half an inch too small for the pump and locking ring to fit through. :palm:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...