And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

That's a fucking sexy red speaker. 

End of my 5th week back lifting after 3 months off, finally starting to feel decent again. Down 10lbs, more full / solid through the back and shoulders. Need to drop another 5lbs and fill out my chest. Will never be cut, I like beer too much! 

20200702_111844.jpg

20200702_111911.jpg

• Like 5

God I hate installing carts

6CF8B3F4-5A76-4587-8A45-86EE15A631DE.thumb.jpeg.11195d9057767ff3249979b1ea6b3b0c.jpeg
764F16B0-C83D-4195-B758-758F7BDCEF5B.thumb.jpeg.4f81a07fe0b9cac843336a65c08ad331.jpeg

18CD08D0-E36A-49AD-A178-6FE39B7926C1.thumb.jpeg.88e6c403bbed7afe630ed627c460fa07.jpeg

Managed not to blow anything up, as the pass ono requires opening the top to access the MC settings and add a jumper for setting gain 🤦‍♂️ at least the cart was pretty easy to install due to threaded mounting holes and the cart pins actually lining up directly with the headshell pins. 

gratuitous doggie pics!

AED243E0-EA2C-4B14-8868-DC6669F6CCB2.thumb.jpeg.cd60a964c18ab2eecd7c14c0346207f9.jpeg
70072874-2D1C-479F-918A-49FAB8DE0563.thumb.jpeg.f6d87703ceaa0de1048e173e84e7d02f.jpeg

• Like 16

13 hours ago, recstar24 said:

764F16B0-C83D-4195-B758-758F7BDCEF5B.thumb.jpeg.4f81a07fe0b9cac843336a65c08ad331.jpeg

Managed not to blow anything up, as the pass ono requires opening the top to access the MC settings and add a jumper for setting gain.

Looks great!

I recently added a K&K Step Up trafo to my own Delos.  I liked this cart before, but now it's even closer to that spooky realism you hear about.  Dee-lish. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, ironbut said:

Finished my latest music.

First off:  really good.  Dig.  You reinforce my stance over and over -- people write differently when they write instrumental music.

I really need to finish something.  I finally upgraded the OS on my Prophet 6 (about 2 weeks ago, thanks to motivation from people at Al1ce), and found out the TRS connector for the headphone out is really sensitive to length (it's sorta a size queen), so there's only one headphone that works for it.

Anyway, my point is, every time I sit down to record something, I end up playing instead.  It's got a crazy good arpeggiator, and it's got a reverb so it's not painful to listen to on headphones, so I end up just playing around with it, rather than sit down to record one of my many ideas.

One of these days...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How tall will it end up being?  Reason I ask, CMU even when concrete filled has very little strength to resist backfill. And be especially cautious if there is any potential for the soil behind the wall to get saturated and retain water.  They make little weep structures to allow water but not dirt to pass thru the wall and I'd advise that as well as adding some reinforcing to help give the wall a bit more strength if it's going up more than a course or two.

NOTE - I'm not licensed to practice engineering in your jurisdiction so you should take all of that as informal, friendly advice. ;)

EDIT - nice work, I bet that was seriously back breaking.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

At its tallest 16" most of is 8" plus or minus 2". Ground is slanted towards the front so standing water shouldn't be an issue. Drainage is in a center channel about 6" off the wall. 

We are also pretty dry here in Reno NV. The rain fall is about 7.5" per year and I'm on the east side of the valley so much of that doesn't get to me as it's stalled by the mountians on the west side

Slant is not very steep and I'm putting a lot of large rocks in the lower portion before back filling with smaller gravel to try and keep the drainage good and limit lateral load. 

If you look close the ground by the base slants towards the house. 

Input is always welcomed. Hate to have a disaster. 

Yesterday I built two more Pootie Pies, one with a display and one without. So I now have four total. Using one of the display units in the bedroom with the SMSL stack and the other with the DAC Magic Plus on my desk. That gives me two headless units to use for testing purposes. If anyone wants to try one out, I can send it your way. All the units use RopieeeXL, so you do not even need Roon to use them as you can turn on DLNA, Airplay or Spotify to stream.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, shellylh said:

Dang, I've only built three (and gave one to a friend).  I still need one for the living room. 

You should build one with the 7” touchscreen display. It displays the album title, song title, artist name and album art when you are using it and displays the time and date when you are not (unless you disable it).

20 minutes ago, Aura said:

@morphsci does it have SPDIF output? 

No, sorry. Only USB 2 or 3 out.