And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Just got Suzy's DNA results.

She is 0% Jack Russel.

However she is between 37-74% Parsons Russell. I tend to think it's closer to 74%, as she looks exactly like many of the photos. She's also between 10-20% Border Collie and between 10-20% Bulldog. 

Who knew?

She's a Border Bull Russell. 

• Like 11

It's funny though. The Parsons Russell is said to play fetch until your arm falls off, and they're prone to chewing household items

if not kept entertained. 

Suzy has 0 interest in fetching or even playing with a ball or stick. She prefers to tear the sqeakers out of plush toys.

She has never chewed anything in my house, other than her own before mentioned plush toys.

She does have the intelligence of the Parsons and the Border Collie.

And the sweet disposition of the Bulldog.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Oof.  Headed out the door to go "off to the shops" as my EU friend say.  I turned the key in the lock and ...pulled back the head and nothing else:

zjQHgGf.jpg

I was now locked outside my house, with a broken key shaft embedded in my door.  Using some kind of Jedi mind powers, I pulled the broken bit out with my fingertips.  I then went trudging to the far end of my 3.75 acres, to check the farthest building to see if I had left a spare key hidden in it.  I had not.  Half an hour later, many curses and the death of one window screen later, I got back inside.  I now have located all the spare keys to the front door I had in the house.  

I did manage to eventually get to a few stores, but at lest one had closed by the time I did.  Also, Webcams are sold out literally everywhere.  It's like there's some reason everyone needs one right now.  I can't for the life of me figure out what it is.

• Sad 5

2 hours ago, Knuckledragger said:

I was now locked outside my house, with a broken key shaft embedded in my door. 

When I was in high school, I went out on a very cold day to start my car and let it warm up while I got ready for school*. I started the car, but it was so cold that the door mechanism was frozen and the door wouldn't latch. I figured that if I locked it, it might latch upon closing. And since it was one of those locks where you had to hold the handle for it to stay locked upon closing, I didn't think it was a problem. Upon closing, it did stay closed, but it also stayed locked. Having a spare key, I went inside to finish getting ready.

When I came out, I put the spare key in the door and promptly broke it off. So I was left with a locked, running car and no key (and a mother who was not going to let me stay home). I don't remember how I got to school, but I do remember that when I got home the car had run out of gas and the battery had died.

* my car had a special feature that if it was really cold, the levers on the steering wheel would lose tension which turned on the wipers, turn signal, etc.

Edited by dsavitsk
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Memories.  When my oldest daughter was 3 I started the car to warm it.  Put her in her car seat in the back.  Walked around the car to leave.  CLICK.  As I rounded the back of the car she had managed to hit the electric lock.  Have you ever tried to explain to a 3 yr old through the window how to unlock the car?  Wife had the spare key and could not be reached.  Called the dealership where I purchased the car.  They sent someone out right away and were able to unlock it.  Although it was the longest 45 minutes of my life my daughter was having the time of her life in the car.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Memories.  When my oldest daughter was 3 I started the car to warm it.  Put her in her car seat in the back.  Walked around the car to leave.  CLICK.  As I rounded the back of the car she had managed to hit the electric lock.  Have you ever tried to explain to a 3 yr old through the window how to unlock the car?  Wife had the spare key and could not be reached.  Called the dealership where I purchased the car.  They sent someone out right away and were able to unlock it.  Although it was the longest 45 minutes of my life my daughter was having the time of her life in the car.  

Did the same thing. But wasn’t smart enough to think of the dealership, so called the Fire Department. Yeah, took some explaining.
  • Like 1

For future reference, most taxi drivers carry a Slim Jim. As long as you can provide proof of ownership, they'll unlock your car for a nominal fee. Almost always cheaper than a locksmith. Cops will generally do it free, but on their time frame.

I have always been a fan of carrying an extra door key in my wallet.

• Like 1

Did I miss the memo? Did we somehow run afoul of the curse of the pharaohs or trigger the plagues of Egypt?

The sky here is orange this morning. I've never seen anything like this.

It looks like planet Arrakis from Dune. The spice must flow!

Edited by TMoney
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, blessingx said:

Funny how phone cameras auto-white balances the orange mostly away. No evidence! 

Yeah, this is so fucking weird. It is as dark here as 45 minutes or so after sunset... only it is 10:30AM.

Edited by TMoney