And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Got a little over halfway framing my latest project...

A 7' tall x 20' long set of monkey bars for a 5 year old boy. It's a former client, and she requested me, and my company just told her to let me have the project. It's a bit small for them to mess with. Of course it's overbuilt and it's kind of a fun little project.

I'll snap some pics when it's done.

• Like 14

I was BBQing a steak in the dark last night which became very distracting when the bats started doing dive bomb maneuvers just over my head then the coyotes started barking what seemed less than a fifty meters away.  Sheesh, the animal kingdom needs to learn social distancing too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

My friend rested the day before yesterday. 59 years. Many other clubs showed their respects. A great person, kind, loving, always taking care of the weakest boys in the cycling peloton

Our club will place a commemorative plaque on one of his favorite routes.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 7

I'm taking my first airline flight since early March, and my airline luck has picked up where it left off. We took off almost right on time even though the flight crew was late to arrive. After flying for a few minutes the captain came on to say that the cabin could not be pressurized properly so we had to turn around. Now back on the ground and not sure if or when we can get going again. My layover is only 90 min and the next/last flight of the day to my destination is five hours later. Fucking airlines are still fucking up. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 13

My sort of mother in law (Claire's ex step mother and ongoing mother of Claire's half brother) had to evacuate from St Helena yesterday after much debate and delay. I looked at the CalFires map and the Glass Fire is extremely close to their home. There is a small hill between them but it has raged over much taller ones. 

• Sad 10

Yikes, Al! The fires have been ridiculous. My mother was evacuated for nearly two weeks due to the Creek Fire in Central CA, she got to go home recently, but much of the area I grew up in burnt to the ground, including most of the town I had my first job in.  It's pretty surreal seeing the Governor and Senator of California giving a press conference in front of the smoking remains of your elementary school playground, but such is 2020.

Hope your sort-of-MIL comes through this OK. For as much burned in the Creek Fire, I was also amazed at how many homes they saved despite fire raging all around them.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9