And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I had a very scary halloween last night ...and not in a good way.  Background: I am mostly blind in one eye.  I see very little out of my left one.  I was born this way.  Had the doctors caught it in time, they could have corrected it.  I'd have had to wear an eye patch for several years (arr!) but I'd have gained sight in my bad eye.  None of that happened.  

Last night I lit a candle I got a while ago.  It's got 3 wicks and sits in a (rather flimsy) glass jar.  The three wicks are a PITA, necessitating turning the candle to get them all lit.  I was working on the third when one of the wicks shot off a bit of ash or hot wax and hit me in the face ...right below my good eye.  I said "oh shit!"  and put down the candle.

After insuring I was alright.  I looked at the candle.  I didn't get hit by wax or ash.

pO679Lo.jpg

The jar shattered and I got hit in the face with a glass shard, a few mm below my one good eye.  Ulp.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 18

Headed up to Maine today, it's a Partridge-Family-like sunshiney day!

We were getting ready for lunch when we heard the good news on Biden.  The celebratory lunch was with a nice view of the water and bridge to Kennebunkport, then on the way to our condo we encountered the obvious.  No wonder we see a fair bit of Trump signs....

Celebration Lunch Maine.jpg

Celebration Lunch Maine View.jpg

Celebration Lunch Maine Leaves.jpg

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 7

On 11/10/2020 at 6:35 PM, swt61 said:

Oh, don't bother raising a glass to me. I still can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I do feel much better about it.

On 11/10/2020 at 7:30 PM, Dusty Chalk said:

game of thrones wine GIF

On 11/10/2020 at 7:34 PM, Fitz said:

200.gif

On 11/10/2020 at 7:37 PM, Voltron said:

game of thrones wine GIF

game of thrones wine GIF

Edited by MexicanDragon

Ended up having a very scary day.  So a week ago Friday I called my broker and said "I need to pay [big bills].  Pls move [four digit sum of money] to my main bank account."  On this past Monday, I wrote some checks, totaling about 2/3 of what I deposited.  Then I paid off a few more bills.  I noticed that my bank account was still showing the amount pre-deposit, but these transactions sometimes take an extra day to clear.  Also, I knew that the checks I wrote on Monday wouldn't be cashed for a day or two.  

Then I got kind of ill.  I have chronic digestive problems, and they acted up big time mid-late week.  I actually had a horrible day Friday, but still managed to do a radio show I'm quite proud of, but I digress...  That meant I wasn't doing much business for most of the week.

Today I went out and did some light grocery shopping.  One of the locations I frequent refused my ATM card, but that's not unusual.  I have one of the new chip-encrusted cards, which offer greater security by not fucking working at least half the time.  I paid my bill with a credit card and got on with my day.  At my final stop, once again attempted used my ATM card, for like $40 in food.  The cheerful clerk said I aid "insufficient funds."  I said "uh oh" and paid with the same credit card.

I stopped at the ATM, and instead of (based on my back of the napkin math) having a positive balance in the low four digits, I had a negative balance well into the three digit range.  Somewhere along the way, somebody fucked up big time.  I'd say most likely me, and it probably is, but in general I'm far better than that at managing money and I don't usually make $2500+ errors.  Of course I can't do a single fucking thing about this until business hours on Monday.  In between now and then I can ruminate on issues like ...did the transfer no go through?  How many checks did I bounce this week?  Is my broker drunk on the job?  

It's a good thing I don't have any hair to tear out.

• Sad 9