And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

In the 80's I worked for a large bank in mid-town Manhattan and remember hearing about these new bonds called "High Yield" bonds. Back then they were yielding around 15%. Today my daughter received this solicitation for a high yield account in the mail.  What a difference forty years can make.

image.thumb.png.e985b0d8de21903e7ba27a8635578c9e.png

• Like 1

I'm still pissed that Bank of America took away my "Cash Maximizer" joint checking and savings accounts that had, for many years, a fixed interest rate of 10%. I got the account when I started practicing law and took full advantage of the interest rate until they retired that "product" and forced me into a new type of account. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 2

27 minutes ago, Voltron said:

I'm still pissed that Bank of America took away my "Cash Maximizer" joint checking and savings accounts that had, for many years, a fixed interest rate of 10%. I got the account when I started practicing law and took full advantage of the interest rate until they retired that "product" and forced me into a new type of account. 

10%!!!!!

If you told me there was an interest paying bank account in 2020 I'd think you were pitching a ponzi scheme!

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Voltron said:

Well Mr Giannini started off as Bank of Italy in San Francisco in 1904. So the only way to grow to be Bank of  America is to not give customers deals, pay them next to nothing on their accounts while convincing them it's high yield and of course charging them loan shark rates of interest on their credit card balances.

Edited by Augsburger
  • Like 1

I found a Bank of Italy bank book behind the fireplace of an old Victorian in SF. I think it was about 100 years old. Gave it to Al and Claire. If memory serves, the guy had about  $1,000 in his account. That would have been a nice chunk of change back then.

• Like 2

I found a Bank of Italy bank book behind the fireplace of an old Victorian in SF. I think it was about 100 years old. Gave it to Al and Claire. If memory serves, the guy had about  $1,000 in his account. That would have been a nice chunk of change back then.

Seems almost unbelievable, but who are we to call you a “lira”
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Visit my doctor. After a year, the wound in my abdomen has not closed ... wait, what? I have not trained with my team, I have not participated in the few races we have had, I have done shitty kilometers this year ... I have made no effort!

Tomorrow they will give me an appointment to have surgery again. F**K

• Sad 19

1 minute ago, Torpedo said:

Sorry, Jose, better luck next time. Did they mention what has been the problem?

The seroma and the inflammation that I suffered after the intervention for a month could weaken the internal sutures. Although I had an ultrasound in February and everything seemed fine.

Tomorrow they will tell me something else. Probably have another ultrasound but they still have to have my "belly button" (ombligo ¿?)  reconstructed so I must have surgery. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, jose said:

The seroma and the inflammation that I suffered after the intervention for a month could weaken the internal sutures. Although I had an ultrasound in February and everything seemed fine.

Tomorrow they will tell me something else. Probably have another ultrasound but they still have to have my "belly button" (ombligo ¿?)  reconstructed so I must have surgery. 

:( Hopefully they just need to close it better. It might need some fiber patch to strengthen the muscular wall. Nothing serious 🤞

• Like 2