And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Per the Don't Call It A Comeback thread, daughter Emily received this email today - 

I am pleased to offer you admission into the Master of Science in Speech-Language Pathology program at MGH Institute of Health Professions for the fall 2021 start term." 

MGH was founded by MasNoNoNoNoNoNosetts General Hospital and will give her tons of clinical experience and hopefully an inside track to a job upon graduation.  Full time employment is a good thing.

Love the autocorrect!

Edited by Augsburger
Prosecco for the masses!
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, sbelyo said:

Well, after the fly on my right hand in January...

It wasn't too bad getting it but after the color and the shading it feels like someone removed the top layer of skin with a blow torch right about now

handtatt.jpg

Suck it up shipmate. 

Milo and I hung and plumbed a range hood vent for the kitchen. Then we assembled the new tile saw and started tiling in the kitchen. It went pretty smooth. Milo is already pretty good at setting and cutting tile after only 4 hrs.

• Like 3

Just now, swt61 said:

Milo and I hung and plumbed a range hood vent for the kitchen. Then we assembled the new tile saw and started tiling in the kitchen. It went pretty smooth. Milo is already pretty good at setting and cutting tile after only 4 hrs.

I need a new vent hood installed and routed under the house. What is the current lead time for team M&O?

• Like 3

Had the lawnmower suddenly die on me out of nowhere today. Couldn't get it to start back up even with starter fluid, replaced the spark plug since it's been a while, still nothing. Spent a good chunk of time troubleshooting, narrowing it down to an ignition problem, and tracing out the wiring on it and eventually found that the safety interlock module failed and was keeping the magneto's kill wire grounded. :palm:

Fortunately to finish up today I could just unplug the damn thing and it would run again, albeit with all safeties disabled. Gotta get a replacement for that before too long though...

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, grawk said:

disabling safeties is the first step I take with a mower that doesn't get spark

Well it's definitely a new thing for me to file away in my diagnostic toolbelt. I'd had problems with the seat switch before, but not anything else. I didn't even know it had a solid state module managing the various safety switches.

Edit: I did get a nice surprise from the fingers unintentionally touching the wire when I held the spark plug against the block to see if it was getting spark after I unplugged the safety interlock module though. That was entertaining.

Edited by Fitz
  • Like 2