And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

• 2 weeks later...

Installed Hellwig front and rear sway bars on the Ram to make it suck a bit less and a Bedrug to protect all the gear I am moving around for shows as I have 8 more concerts and a talent show to fit in before it gets cold. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, Fitz said:

Set back up the equipment rack Steve gave me a long time ago, to get some of the mess off my desk.

1QTgju3.png

I've always wanted to say this, but being gay I never get the right opportunity...

Hey, nice rack!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Today in "no good deed goes unpunished" I divested myself of a bunch of things including a pair of JBL 630s from the mid 1980s.  In the process, my wallet disappeared.  I noticed it was missing when at the checkout of the local grocery store.  Two calls later and neither place I'd visited had seen it.  I've torn apart my house and my car, but it's just flat out missing.  Great way to start the weekend.

• Sad 17
  • Angry 1

My first day back at construction work for over a year.

Well, first day back at a job not run by Milo and Otis.

Well, it was really only a half day, gathering materials for the project. You can't rush into these things all at once. I found it refreshing to get back to it, but Suzy has a completely different attitude about this whole back to work thing.

Oh, and I got a haircut. 

• Like 11

Since Olympic fencing is over ( is there any other Olympic sport?), our friend is back in Italy chillin so at 4 am we dropped Lance off at LAX for his flight to Milan to visit our friends and perhaps do some training. Lance was supposed to help with a fencing camp near Milan next week but that conflicted with the move in for Gonzaga. So being in Italy for a week and not working or competing will be hard for Lance to endure but that is life.

• Like 2

I broke my foot and sprained my ankle badly doing swing dancing in late May. 

I finally feel healthy and fit, so HEMA today and judo Tuesday, and maybe Jeet on Thursday.  I’m sure I could have done this already but I can do push-ups without pain today. That was a sort of my threshold. 

Edited by EdipisReks1
  • Like 4

Got my replacement Amazon(tm) Chase(tm) credit card and activated it.  Still waiting on my Sears(tm) Mastercard(tm) one.  Also ordered a new Taxachusetts driver's license online.  $25 and "7-10 days" for it to arrive.  Solid Masshole/10 right there.  Currently shopping for chain wallets on BozosRocketFund.com .  As the zoomers would say I am unironically buying a chain wallet so I don't have to go through this ballbust again.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Checked my online banking this morning to find a couple fraudulent charges on my debit card. 😒

Called my bank as soon as customer service hours started, and got a dispute filed and new card issued with a five minute phone call. So at least that part was painless.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

Yeah, it's a pain, but at least this time the fraudsters picked a time when I don't really need to use it in the few days until the new one arrives. Much more convenient than when they did it right before I was going out of town.

We're kind of lucky in that regard. The smart systems at Barclaycard Visa spot potentially fraudulent activity within seconds, and either phone or text you to confirm a number of transactions.

I gave one Visa lady pause for thought when she called to verify transactions. There is a company that sells high end navigation gear called Shaven Raspberry https://shavenraspberry.com/ . Of course with a name like that it could be anything, and the Visa lady clearly thought the worst "and a transaction for X from, er, Shaven, er, er" "Raspberry" I said. The relief when she got onto asking the next transaction was obvious!

• Haha 6