And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

I have a project in Oakland (Montclair), so what does one do on their way home from Montclair? Well, one stops at La Farina bakery and drops $85 on a pear tart and two of every cookie they make. Will need to spread these around.  Thursday night is dinner at Dorothy's,  but even Al, Claire, Dorothy and I won't put a big dent in this haul.

If only I knew a tall man with a hungry teenage son.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, swt61 said:

I have a project in Oakland (Montclair), so what does one do on their way home from Montclair? Well, one stops at La Farina bakery and drops $85 on a pear tart and two of every cookie they make. Will need to spread these around.  Thursday night is dinner at Dorothy's,  but even Al, Claire, Dorothy and I won't put a big dent in this haul.

If only I knew a tall man with a hungry teenage son.

I’m short, and he is eight. It’s the thought that counts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I was getting ready for a bike ride this afternoon and hunting through the dryer for some gloves when I spun the drum by hand and it made a huge bang.  Hmmm, that's weird, says I.  I find the glove and attempt to restart the dryer and no joy, no spin, no heat, no nothing.  So I make the executive decision that this is not going to ruin my ride and inform the family that laundry is off limits for a while.  Got in a good ride with two local buds and then got to work.

D8ABF755-92C2-4114-8E2D-0563FCFB28A9_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.3555c9bc59f0a911ed6992a90a68ff4d.jpeg

Initial prognosis, the belt is still around the drum so deeper we go...

A79CEBB0-04AD-4D28-93DA-155AE67E97E5_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.148b6a0ceb15e1506556aa8de6cd6994.jpeg

Problem found, the belt had slipped off the idler pulley and then the spring that loads the idler had fallen off so the whole drum had to come out to get at things to perform the relatively straight forward repair.  About a half hour later everything was back together and working.  Worst part is that the belt is worn so I'll get to do at least half of this again sometime sooner than I'd like but at least it's working again.

745BD2C7-94DD-46B5-8FB3-A386B4F3D22A_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.2181b0a82ca6dad21962ca7fd03eac18.jpeg

• Like 15

Not myself, I'd already left for work. But I heard that Suzy fought off a racoon that wondered into the apartment. I've been leaving the door open for her, and it must have looked like a good place to look for food.

The landlord heard her barking like crazy (she doesn't bark unless something seems wrong to her), came down to investigate just as Suzy was chasing the racoon out of the apartment. I guess I'll have to stop leaving the door open.

No signs of scratches or bites on Suzy, says the landlord. She said Suzy calmed down quickly.

• Like 12

Just cooked 1.5 lbs. of bacon, then crumbled. Cubed 7 lbs. of cheese (5 lbs. Tillamook cheddar, 2 lbs. Boars Head pepper jack), in preparation for my homemade macaroni and cheese. My contribution to tomorrow's dinner at Al's Sister's house.

If that sounds heavy to you, there's also 32 oz. of heavy cream and 24 oz. of sour cream involved in the cheese sauce. 

I generally make this dish only once a year these days. Not sure the arteries could take more than that.

20211124_173644.jpg

Edited by swt61
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Voltron said:

85377BF8-4DB0-426D-8F9B-BF023FCA112C.thumb.jpeg.888d17ba1bac543ad1f5c15eaf76547b.jpeg

I have been named Wallmart best cüstomer! My phone doesn't work since I tried to click the link, but I can't wait for my gift card to arrive! 

If it actually said Wallmart, instead of Walmart, you've either found a place to buy walls or it may be a scam.

I think I just broke a record. Just hung up from a 5 1/2 hr. phone call with my Mom. I just don't have the heart to cut her short after everything she's been through lately. My ear hurts and I'm starving. She really needs an ear to bend though, and as tough as that was, I just want to make her a little happier.

I'm sure after she's gone I'll wish I could talk to her for hours.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3