And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Had outer stitches removed from my neck today due a hole made recently extracting a growth. Not sure if it was ever really in doubt, but was tested and a simple epidermal inclusion cyst, thus benign. One of those I never felt in danger, but still felt strangely giddy when the expected test results came back. 

• Like 18

7 hours ago, blessingx said:

Had outer stitches removed from my neck today due a hole made recently extracting a growth. Not sure if it was ever really in doubt, but was tested and a simple epidermal inclusion cyst, thus benign. One of those I never felt in danger, but still felt strangely giddy when the expected test results came back. 

Excellent news. 

• Thanks 1

Woohoo - that must be a weight off! Great news Ric.

Been there recently so I know exactly the nervousness waiting for the result.

Mine took a bit longer to heal than expected because the bone headed nurse that took the stitches out, left a fragment in and that got infected, which was not fun.

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 12:59 PM, n_maher said:

@swt61 - how’s the hand healing up, Steve?

Sorry in advance to any squeamish heteros. I really don't remember how to hide photos.

New skin growing in quickly. I had an eye exam yesterday at Marin Clinic. The Dr. asked why my finger was bandaged. After telling g her the story she insisted on having one of the general physicians look at it. After looking at it he said it looks like it's healing well, and said that I was doing everything right, other than not seeing a Dr. about it at the time. He commented that it was lucky it wasn't a worse outcome. I then showed him several pictures I took right after it happened. He about fell on the floor. He told me that I'm an amazing healer. That has always been the case, and I'm glad to see that age hasn't slowed down that process for me. 

Oh yeah, my eyes are great too. 

20220408_181751.jpg

• Like 7

Tried teaching my neighbor's dog not to poop on my lawn. It did not go well.  The second one hiding at 9 o'clock was much larger and totally unafraid of me. We parted company acknowledging it would be better not to test each other.

Coyote.jpg

• Like 7

Actually last week walking in Orkney and Shetland. Orkney is flat with wet pools and quite boring geographically, Shetland is much hillier and nicer to walk. Weather was uncharacteristically superb; the whole area is known for torrential rain and gale force winds, often together.

Jarleshof is a Viking trading post on Shetland. The Old Man of Hoy is a famous 450 feet sea stack, and is notoriously difficult to climb. Scara Brea is a stone age settlement on Orkney. Note the stone sideboard! Real Flintstones. And two pics of us.

Jarlshof.jpg

Old Man of Hoy.jpg

Scara brea 2.jpg

Us.jpg

Shetland ponies.jpg

• Like 12