And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

4 hours ago, skullguise said:

I find it amusing that no one is questioning the fact that someone made a life-size moose out of chocolate....just the TYPE of chocolate used!

'Murca....fuckin' moose, yeah!

I've just never thought of chocolate moose as anything special. I'm more of a custard man.

Edited by swt61
  • Like 2

Agreed, they are the best. Milo and I bought a few dozen when there.

Believe it or not, Anchorage has a decent selection of bagel bakeries, though not as good as an NYC bagel, a pretty decent second place.

South Texas was a bagel desert. But more doughnuts than can be believed. 

Edited by swt61

5 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Tried to figure out how to import true New York City bagels...

...from New York City.

And no, I am not inebriated.  I just miss a proper bagel.

I do already know how to import a pastrami sandwich, though. 

Not a NYC bagel, admittedly, but I adore Bagels Etc. on P St. in the district.  https://www.yelp.com/biz/bagels-etc-washington

I have learned bagels are an intensely personal preference, but these are the ones I dream about when I'm far away.

Edited by Sherwood

Oddly enough, my favorite bagels came from Fairlawn NJ.  My in-laws lived in Northern Jersey (Glen Rock, near Paramus) for ~50 years.  When we'd visit we'd often go into NYC but a place closer to them was my favorite.  Hot Bagels on Saddle River Drive in Fairlawn.....my brain is doing a Homer Simpson sound just thinking of it....

My sister- and brother-in-law live on Long Island and when they come up my wife gets an order from Bagel Boss for her to bring up.  Also very good, but my memory of the Fairlawn place eclipses all....

• Like 1

Watched Milo rescue what we assume was a waterlogged field mouse of some sort. We just happened to wander into Stretch's garden and Milo miraculously spotted what he first thought was a mole, in a PVC drain pipe. He was barely able to keep his head above water. No telling how long he was trapped in that pipe. Assuming he fell in while looking for a drink. Milo was able to grasp him with some kitchen tongs Stretch grabbed. He set him in a bushy area to hopefully regain his strength and resume his/her field mouse duties.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

Not today, but yesterday:  

Yumi accepted a job in Durango and we are under contract for this place.  Higher interest rates and COVID pricing is a bitch but at least we’re not buying in CA.  

Time for another HC meet? We got a big basement god people to crash in.  

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/96-Walker-Ln-Durango-CO-81303/13939794_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, shellylh said:

Yumi accepted a job in Durango and we are under contract for this place.  Higher interest rates and COVID pricing is a bitch but at least we’re not buying in CA.  

Time for another HC meet? We got a big basement god people to crash in.  

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/96-Walker-Ln-Durango-CO-81303/13939794_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

Congrats! 🍾 Can we get those tax rates in Texas?

Edited by luvdunhill
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, shellylh said:

First and foremost, congrats!  But what does that mean for you and Rice, Shelly?

18 minutes ago, Grahame said:

Congat Shelly.

The Basement looks way too finished for a Brent Dungeon.

Lol!

I’ll be staying at Rice, at least for the foreseeable future.  Would need to switch fields (data science/AI/machine learning probably) and get a work from home job to move out there permanently.  I really only need to be at Rice during the fall and spring semesters and can probably visit once a month during the fall semester. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Congrat Shelly!

As for myself, packed for a trip to Alaska tomorrow. Going for my Brother's memorial. He passed last winter, but his wife wanted to have the memorial in warmer weather. I'm happy about that, because when I was up there for my Sister's passing 3 years back, it was Christmas, and cold, and dark and depressing as hell.

I haven't been up there in the summer in at least 15 years. Actually looking forward to it. 

• Like 10