And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

5 hours ago, Grahame said:

So there's no truth that it's allegedly an acronym?

or Urban Dictionary is not to be believed?

Ken has spent far more time there than I, though it sounds like neither of us have been there in decades, so I can’t speak to current conditions. When I was there it was very split - things subsidized, if you were allowed on, the military side, tourist structured on the other. I vaguely remember I could buy three six packs of beer on one side for cheaper than a single bottled water, on the beach, on the other. The rumor, who knows it if was true, was the Japanese tend to think of it as a cheaper Oahu. Beautiful beaches though. Didn’t spend much time with jungles and snakes. 

Applied for (expedited) Passports 

IMG_20220624_140344.thumb.jpg.e09c9d4c5fb04b26c1124d2cc6b38c30.jpg

At the first "local" appointment we could find.

IMG_20220624_131719.thumb.jpg.4c7ae510168dd04e071794c3f2a045e6.jpg

Where an old school post office employee handled our application and thanked us for doing our homework and having all the necessary paperwork / documents to hand.

Had them take the photos so there would be no doubt on the acceptability.

Interesting that they have to explicitly state 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/how-apply/photos.html

That selfies and social media filters are not acceptable for passport photos. 

Now comes the wait.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, VPI said:

Our deck furniture has been over a year wait, but is supposedly going to be here in July. 

Yeah same for my movie room furniture - made concessions in fabric so I would be able to order something “in stock” and then as soon as I ordered it went into backorder. No change 6 months later.

On 6/29/2022 at 8:47 PM, chinsettawong said:

@purkcame to visit me today.  I showed him all of my DIY headphones.  He seemed to like my Omega clone the most.

spacer.png

Definitely enjoy all of your headphones, maybe the Orpheus clone and then the Omega clone the most but I definitely enjoy chatting with you more.  P. Wachara was super kind and took me and another friend out for a great meal!  Many thanks again!  This picture was taken after a big meal by the way!!

• Like 6

On 6/29/2022 at 6:47 AM, chinsettawong said:

@purkcame to visit me today.  I showed him all of my DIY headphones.  He seemed to like my Omega clone the most.

spacer.png

Uhm, that figured Cherry and Black anodized aluminum case looks very familiar. I'm pretty sure it is, or was part of the three piece "Tower of Power". That encompassed a Beta 22 Amp, a hot rodded Twisted Pear Audio DAC, and a Twisted Pear Audio passive pre amp/balanced switcher with the Joshua Tree ladder style attenuator. Or maybe the Beta 22 had the Joshua Tree. It's been a while?

Am I correct?

Edited by swt61

13 hours ago, swt61 said:

Uhm, that figured Cherry and Black anodized aluminum case looks very familiar. I'm pretty sure it is, or was part of the three piece "Tower of Power". That encompassed a Beta 22 Amp, a hot rodded Twisted Pear Audio DAC, and a Twisted Pear Audio passive pre amp/balanced switcher with the Joshua Tree ladder style attenuator. Or maybe the Beta 22 had the Joshua Tree. It's been a while?

Am I correct?

Sorry, you’re wrong.  ;) 

The case is made by one of my DIY friends here in Thailand.  It’s teakwood, and I spray the top aluminum cover with black paint.  The amp inside is KGST.  :)

Edited by chinsettawong
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2022 at 7:45 PM, Augsburger said:

After three months of waiting the table and chairs arrive...except the table is the wrong size. Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

image.thumb.jpeg.c7a5721ffd3fbc57a5ca9dc6a74310c2.jpeg

At least the Rose was excellent.

Ours arrived after 7.5 months of waiting. 

433CC838-62A1-4CFA-86FF-7EE3B79D178C.jpeg

Edited by VPI
Brent regrettably still lives.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Had some friends up in Maine; nice lunch overlooking the ocean (past a pool), then poking around Kennebunkport and Cape Porpoise.  Looked like someone was home in the Bush estate, not pictured but there was a Secret Service vehicle parked there.  Also a pic of the lighthouse at Goat Island, in Cape Porpoise.

Bush Estate.jpg

Goat Island My Pic.jpg

Edited by skullguise
  • Like 9

Couldn't find any chairrail to match existing, so I milled some up.

20220705_132629.jpg

20220705_132623.jpg

Took longer to clean the shop up, than it did to mill the rail.

And now the shop has two more specialty router bits.

Edited by swt61
  • Like 8