And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

On 8/21/2022 at 2:00 PM, morphsci said:

Got a picture of Peter with a few of his Class of 2026 friends.

9DF2254B-0AA5-4568-8E87-0DF545AA68C8.jpeg.086e79d5e352151bf97c81c45948494e.jpeg

He’s in the middle bottom of the C.

Heh, so if he's in the mood for some decent-ish cooking, my daughter and her boyfriend just moved to Ft. Collins last week. The BF is going to CSU (both left ERAU, which seems to be in fashion these days) and Zoe's going to a CC out there as she tries to figure things out (major change, life,etc.)

Class of 25 for them, in theory, but who knows...

• Thanks 1

Is this thread indexed by google?  I forget.  I had a dualski colonoscopy and endoscopy yesterday.  The prep work was gruelling in extremis.  The good news is that I don't have any obvious symptoms.  The bad news is that there's no explanation as to why I'm sick so severely and so often.  Today I am operating at like 1/10 power.  Unsure if I'm doing my radio show tomorrow or not.

• Sad 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 5:21 PM, Knuckledragger said:

Is this thread indexed by google?  I forget.  I had a dualski colonoscopy and endoscopy yesterday.  The prep work was gruelling in extremis.  The good news is that I don't have any obvious symptoms.  The bad news is that there's no explanation as to why I'm sick so severely and so often.  Today I am operating at like 1/10 power.  Unsure if I'm doing my radio show tomorrow or not.

I used to be (regularly got the flu during flu season, &c.), but in my case, I knew exactly what it was -- I took too many antibiotics as a child and adolescent (and post adolescent...), so now the flora is all but gone in my digestive tract.  I now take probiotics every day first thing when I wake up on an empty stomach with ~1L of water*, so that they go as far down my digestive tract to the lower intestines as possible.  I also take zinc every day (the most important ingredient in Cold-eeze).  Neither one of these fight viruses and germs by themselves, but both help boost the body's natural immune system.  I hardly get sick any more.  I had those two scares a couple weeks back, but honestly those were the first in years.

Also:  sleep, water, exercise, sunlight, eating right. I don't do any of these things perfectly, but I have been getting better at most of them.  Much better in the case of sleep -- I have conquered my self-caused sleep issues, and now wake up pretty much every day between 6:30 and 7 without an alarm clock.  It's great:  I can concentrate, remember stuff...

I highly recommend taking better care of yourself as you get older. 

*Wegmans flavoured sparkling waters -- I did double check with my doctor, they are equivalent to water, including 0mg Sodium

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Hopstretch said:

Oddly enough I am going to be in Texas for the first time in my life next week. Scenic Dallas -- lucky me!

I hear they have some fun tours!

https://www.fundallastours.com/

You know, for what Dallas is (in)famous for.

https://www.fundallastours.com/tour-item/jfk-assassination/ 

Lucky you, indeed.

Edited by Grahame
  • Haha 1

I've been without AC for a week but finally getting a new condenser in.  They originally thought a crane would work but then decided there were too many power lines and went through the fence instead (there isn't enough room on the side of the house to get it through... dumb builders).  Phew.  Sleeping in the heat sucks (though I finally broke down and got a portable AC unit on Sunday).  

E0DF29E4-82BE-4B74-8394-4EA7DB931D45_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.affc388a9b245e43498096a981b5ea94.jpeg

Edited by shellylh
  • Like 8