And now what did you do TODAY?

morphsci

Had a nice Hanukkah celebration at my father's tonight; good amount of family was there.  My son is his father's son for sure; he got me a T-Shirt as an "extended" part of my birthday gift.  He said technically it's true as he would be called Progressive....smart-ass! 😄  But he's MY smart-ass and I love him!

Shirt.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

16 hours ago, morphsci said:

The bomb cyclone knocked out power in Northfield (and a good chunk of the rest of Vermont). But we got our generator working on propane so we have working heat, refrigerator, stove and outlets in one room. Trying to conserve propane to just use the essentials since this is the first time we used this generator in Vermont and it is unclear how long this may last. 

Update: The power came back on around 6:15. The generator worked great and we were able to make a nice dinner and finish eating before power was restored. We feel pretty good about the first test.

Same Jim, power kicked out here around 8pm last night when a second cell went thru and hit us with some crazy gusts for a bit.  Lots of trees down which made going to pick up the kids quite the adventure.

IMG_1211.jpeg.545d4e5d012a1df383480fb6c281668a.jpeg

Still no power here which makes this one of the longest outages we've had since we bought the house (11+hrs).  Everything is ok for now, both fridges powered, house mostly heated, etc.  But the temps dropped like a rock over night (from 50 to 10F) so things are going to be wickedly frozen out in the world.  Here's to hoping the power comes back on soon.  I'd prefer not to attempt to cook Christmas breakfast on a single burner.

• Sad 18

I'm doing OK but I'm ready for 2022 to end. I spent the day doing some woodworking with Steve and couldn't bring myself to clear the drains in the back yard before the next big rain we're supposed to get. Did you spend most of your day getting your fingers shredded by a furry land piranha? 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Dusty Chalk said:

Me and my mood:
Disney World GIF

I hope you are doing well with your funny looking cat.

The funny looking cat is equal parts angel and hell beast. And I have the flu. But on the other hand a new Rega Elex integrated amp arrived minutes ago as well as a new headphone cable.

Edited by Absorbine_Sr
  • Like 9

On 12/28/2022 at 8:24 PM, Voltron said:

I'm doing OK but I'm ready for 2022 to end. I spent the day doing some woodworking with Steve and couldn't bring myself to clear the drains in the back yard before the next big rain we're supposed to get. Did you spend most of your day getting your fingers shredded by a furry land piranha? 

Nay. I decided the flu was better than tiny corgi teeth and did that instead. 

• Haha 5

These are what I normally take and have been for years, except I normally take cetirizine instead of Allegra.  I recently swapped the cetirizine for Allegra in hope of an improved response.  I've been cleaning for the last two weeks.  The fluticasone is administered via spray.

Today I picked up prescriptions for sulfamethoxazol-e-tmp DS tablet and a pack of MethlyPREDNISolone tablets.  I started the antibiotic today and will start the steroid tomorrow.

I'll also continue to take Allegra and fluticasone.